Khaldoons End of Season Interview

I think it was quite telling that he DID NOT say that we are innocent of all charges and that we will be fully vindicated through the legal process. Why did he NOT say that, I wonder?

I can think of three reasons.

1. Our lawyers have told him to say nothing. There's nothing to be read into it, it's just a good policy to say nothing in case anything you do say may be taken out of context or even damage your case in some way, so silence is the safe option. Quite possible, IMO.

2. He's aware of developments in the case which he cannot comment upon, such as we're reaching agreement to get all serious charges dropped provided we agree to a slapped wrist for trivial non-compliance such as not providing required documentation? Again, possible, IMO.

3. He knows we're in a tight spot and doesn't want to look like a prat by telling everyone we're completely innocent only to be found guilty on some counts later. And OBVIOUSLY he can't say well we're probably guilty on some counts. So he has to say nothing.

I really do not know how to read it, but I do think his silence on the matter is significant. I am inclined to think (2) above, if I had to pick.
2. Is the classic compromise where both sides can walk away with some dignity. I can see that being the most likely/feasible solution…based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever!

Aw, bless. Was the L&C a bit too tough for you? ;)

Joking aside, It really isn’t/wasn’t a league like that in my experience mate, unless you really are a fanny

Which refs secretary are you talking about? I believe one of them posts on here
Haha I don’t think I’m a fanny! Others may disagree. I was attempting humour and there is/ was some good footballers in the L&C (I haven’t had anything to do with that league for years). I meant no disrespect, except to the refs appointment officer who I still maintain was a knob.

Haha I don’t think I’m a fanny! Others may disagree. I was attempting humour and there is/ was some good footballers in the L&C (I haven’t had anything to do with that league for years). I meant no disrespect, except to the refs appointment officer who I still maintain was a knob.
Ya big fanny ;)

I didn’t take it as disrespecting the league mate, but I have seen some lads who refused to play in the league because they were a bit too ‘soft’. It’s a tough league, but was a good & fair league

Which refs secretary are you talking about, as over the last 10 ish years there was Joe (bald fella), who’s brother used to ref in the league too. Joe is a proper marmite character (big blue), or his predecessor, who’s name escapes me?

I got on really well with Joe, but I do know a good few who really didn’t like him

Ya big fanny ;)

I didn’t take it as disrespecting the league mate, but I have seen some lads who refused to play in the league because they were a bit too ‘soft’. It’s a tough league, but was a good & fair league

Which refs secretary are you talking about, as over the last 10 ish years there was Joe (bald fella), who’s brother used to ref in the league too. Joe is a proper marmite character (big blue), or his predecessor, who’s name escapes me?

I got on really well with Joe, but I do know a good few who really didn’t like him
No worries. I didn’t find it too tough, some decent players especially further up the leagues. Some right piss heads too, but was always a laugh. Can’t say who the lad is I refer to but it’s not Joe.
I’ve thought about it and I may well be a fanny these days hahaha ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure if posted but just to make sure we don’t let off hating the red scouse…

Doesn’t post much but seems pretty reliable.

He mentioned a new statue for Bell, Lee and Summerbee. I have wondered for a long time, being a FOC, why we have never done anything for our two greatest goalkeepers, Frank Swift, tragically killed in the Munich air disaster and Bert Trautman who, besides being a great keeper, did so much for English/German/ Jewish relationships after the last war.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.