Khaldoon's End of Season Review Part 2 (Pg 14)

Why?

As a club we had little choice with all our rivals joining, and despite the public "outcry" and the clubs stance, this will go ahead at some point, it has to, otherwise some of the biggest clubs in Europe are in serious trouble.

ofcourse we had a choice. I love what the owner has done, but that decision was based on greed and was wrong in every way

I think the reason that they can't elaborate ESL more from City point of view is because the contract prevented them.

Technically we didn't get out from ESL, 12 clubs still in there (In Contract) but 9 Club didn't support it anymore so ESL have been freeze for foresable future.

Khaldoon's been our chairman for 14 years, and is still only 46 years old. Could realistically be our chairman for another 25 years. Crazy. The club's in an efficient, machine like state largely because of him.

All seems a bit wishy-washy to me. I wish he’d answer the following:
1. Are we getting any improvements to the stadium, including expansion.
2. Why did you sign up to the ESL?
3. Why don’t the club get tough with journalists/media who spread lies about the club and its ownership?
4. Why didn’t we prosecute Liverpool for stealing/hacking into our data bases?

Suppose we should be grateful that our Chairman steps up to do these interviews anyway. Bet no other Premier League chairmen do likewise.

It’s just a PR exercise or like a party political broadcast. Professional smart bloke speaks a lot but doesn’t really say much. Same every year and people lap it up. Which just shows it works I guess.

All seems a bit wishy-washy to me. I wish he’d answer the following:
1. Are we getting any improvements to the stadium, including expansion.
2. Why did you sign up to the ESL?
3. Why don’t the club get tough with journalists/media who spread lies about the club and its ownership?
4. Why didn’t we prosecute Liverpool for stealing/hacking into our data bases?

Suppose we should be grateful that our Chairman steps up to do these interviews anyway. Bet no other Premier League chairmen do likewise.
ESL has already been discussed ffs, talk about last year's news.

The club have better things to be doing likely winning back to back prem titles than trying to force no mark journalists into anything. Never mind the bad press we would get if we took them to court. 'OIL HUNGRY CITY TAKE FREE PRESS TO COURT' "SPORTS WASHERS FORCE JOURNALISM INTO COVER". You get the idea.

We took a million quid instead and likely signed an NDA. It's clearly not worked for them so why you arsed?

ESL has already been discussed ffs, talk about last year's news.

The club have better things to be doing likely winning back to back prem titles than trying to force no mark journalists into anything. Never mind the bad press we would get if we took them to court. 'OIL HUNGRY CITY TAKE FREE PRESS TO COURT' "SPORTS WASHERS FORCE JOURNALISM INTO COVER". You get the idea.

We took a million quid instead and likely signed an NDA. It's clearly not worked for them so why you arsed?
I’m arsed because it was brushed under the carpet.
We should have took the fuckers to the cleaners over it.
Maybe in your world everything our club does smells of roses but if you’re prepared to take those blue-tinted specs off then you’ll see the reality.
As for the ESL, unless I’ve missed it I haven’t heard Khaldoon’s or the club’s reasons for wanting in. Sure I’ve seen it discussed to death on this forum. They wanted to split up everything which has existed in English football since day 1 and all for money. They need to explain themselves in my book but in yours they sound like they can do whatever they want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.