Khaldoon's End of Season Review | Pt 1 (p26) | Pt 2 (p40)

City made £80m profit last year.

The TOTAL match day revenue from every game in every competition, not just ticket sales but boxes and Tunnel Clubs and concourses and everything was £83m.

City could let every fan in yhe ground in for free and still be profitable. So yes, the rises are a choice and not a necessity. It would have been okay if they made £78m instead.
Let’s get serious for a minute.

City made that money in a season where they won EVERYTHING on God’s green earth! What if we hadn’t finished the season with a CL victory…and the revenues that flowed from that? Who would YOU have sold to raise the shortfall?

Where do you think INVESTMENT in the club comes from?

If we can’t drop a dime and ask the Sheikh for £50M, then where do we get that money?

I can only assume you have never run a successful business or taken a business course, but if you think that £80m is a huge profit from the best season ANY TEAM IN ENGLAND HAS EVER HAD should mean no ticket price increase WHILE they’re expanding the stadium and improving the product, then we don’t have much to talk about.

That said, I have said REPEATEDLY when this subject comes up that the Club would do well to provide supporters with basic long term ticket price structure, realizing that the strong core of support comes from an economic area that is distinctly different than the large London clubs with whom we compete.

If the Club said that they would cap SC tickets at (say) 3% per year for the next 5 years, and provide a match day ticket price scheme for the different teams and Sections with the same basic increases, it would stop the annual hand wringing, provide the Club with forward visibility and allow supporters to budget, too.

I want to think it's pure weight loss, but the Chairman doesn't look well. Here's hoping that he is, and if he is ill, he makes a speedy recovery.
Compared to some fat bastards I’m sure he doesn’t look well. Personally I think he looks great, a few grey hairs from all the stress but otherwise looks healthy and composed as usual.

Indeed. It would seem to be very odd to refer to someone, the ‘enemy’, by their 1st name and in the tone and manner he did, without there being a veiled undercurrent of good news (for city).

That might be going a bit far, but it at least makes Masters feel very uncomfortable :)

Good move.

They know how the game should be played. Everyone who is stressing out, needs to relax.

Compared to some fat bastards I’m sure he doesn’t look well. Personally I think he looks great, a few grey hairs from all the stress but otherwise looks healthy and composed as usual.

I am sure he has more stress dealing with multinational trade delegations and deciding how to invest his enormous fortune than he does worrying about Richard fucking Masters.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.