kick Quinn out

Re: kick Quinn out!!

I think just because he played for us fans want him to praise us all the time, but lets be honest here we didn't rip up trees last night, and i don't think we played as well as the score suggest we did, my only problem with having a commentator and analyst, is that they talk about everything under the sun be not the game itself.

He was a good player for us but legend? That's a word banded about too easily. He was here for what? Five years? In that time we won nothing, were relegated and he missed a fair bit of time injured too.

Legends are outstanding in some way. Either performance, success or longevity. Quinn was good but not outstanding.

I had an eye on SSNakesTV last night and Paul Walsh was 'doing' our game. You could see he was willing City on to do summat. He certainly wasn't scathing when we went two down. If you have a look at all the ex-players who get on the telly and radio - Walsh, Hinchcliffe, The Goat, Uwe, Paul D and Quinn - there is the most extraordinary difference in comment. The first five are wholly positive and you can tell they have an affinity with the club, and they are desperate for us to succeed. You would never think that Quinn was idolised by fans and some could be forgiven for thinking he ever played for us when you hear what he has to say. I don't particularly want to walk past posters with this fellow on and then hear the denigration that comes over the airwaves.

holeinone said:
I think just because he played for us fans want him to praise us all the time, but lets be honest here we didn't rip up trees last night, and i don't think we played as well as the score suggest we did, my only problem with having a commentator and analyst, is that they talk about everything under the sun be not the game itself.
Didn't rip up trees? Haha do me a fucking favour.

holeinone said:

Someone pop this dicklick!!!!

Astley Lad said:
Not too sure what Quinn is supposed to say about our defending when we're all over the place and 2 nil down after 12 minutes. He's going to look a bit of an idiot if he doesn't call it as it is. I have to agree with other posters because I think he tries too hard not to be seen as biased. I would like him (and everyone else in the media) to act and sound as though they want the English teams to do well in Europe.
Martin Tyler on the other hand is a prize cock. That is a fact and cannot be disputed by anyone.

Thing is though, when he is still going on about it after 60 minutes at 2-1 when were dominating the game it starts it take the piss a bit. I remember at one point when we were controlling the game, looking like getting an equaliser he kept going back to how the players had let the manager down and couldnt perform like they did at this level. Most people were thinking how well City were doing and all he could harp on about was how poor we'd been. Only at 3-2 did he start to give us any credit what so ever. Its the same every time he commentates on us. Agaist Plzen away he was slating us after 30 seconds for a poor start to the game.

willipp said:
Astley Lad said:
Not too sure what Quinn is supposed to say about our defending when we're all over the place and 2 nil down after 12 minutes. He's going to look a bit of an idiot if he doesn't call it as it is. I have to agree with other posters because I think he tries too hard not to be seen as biased. I would like him (and everyone else in the media) to act and sound as though they want the English teams to do well in Europe.
Martin Tyler on the other hand is a prize cock. That is a fact and cannot be disputed by anyone.

Thing is though, when he is still going on about it after 60 minutes at 2-1 when were dominating the game it starts it take the piss a bit. I remember at one point when we were controlling the game, looking like getting an equaliser he kept going back to how the players had let the manager down and couldnt perform like they did at this level. Most people were thinking how well City were doing and all he could harp on about was how poor we'd been. Only at 3-2 did he start to give us any credit what so ever. Its the same every time he commentates on us. Agaist Plzen away he was slating us after 30 seconds for a poor start to the game.

Yes picked up on that too, out of all the criticism, this was the worse for me having a go at concentration /lack of commitment in early stages will make us a sitting duck against 'top quality' opposition, 15 minutes later we were beating them! Does any team have the ability win every game to 0, and whilst we know we have issues at the back there defence was hardly solid, after all we scored 3 goals, but no mention of that of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.