Kids in block 110??

yaba daba BLUUUUUE said:
SWP's back said:
I was and loved it though it scared the shut out of me but it's a diff world
yes, its a much safer world, cos everyones wrapped in cotton wool.

I am not having a go at you personally, and I am in the same situation, with two children. But it is a personal bugbear, the way media salesmen etc promote this 'safety' paranoia.

Compare your life as a child, to the life of your children, I bet you were exposed to far more.

Anyway, my position is a bit a bit of deep discussion for a football forum. So I'll just say, my children go mad if I take them anywhere else rather than right next to the away fans.
I agree mate, it's a shame kids can't experience the old kippax, it gives you character.

SWP's back said:
yaba daba BLUUUUUE said:
yes, its a much safer world, cos everyones wrapped in cotton wool.

I am not having a go at you personally, and I am in the same situation, with two children. But it is a personal bugbear, the way media salesmen etc promote this 'safety' paranoia.

Compare your life as a child, to the life of your children, I bet you were exposed to far more.

Anyway, my position is a bit a bit of deep discussion for a football forum. So I'll just say, my children go mad if I take them anywhere else rather than right next to the away fans.
I agree mate, it's a shame kids can't experience the old kippax, it gives you character.
And shoes that smell of piss.

There's been kids next to us in 111... just makes me more aware if we score to make sure the kids ok as i/we're jumping around celebrating.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, if the kid is accompanied by an adult/parent who's looking out for them.

I'm up on the chairs a lot when we score, if i was to fall it's 100% my fault its not a "these thigns happen"... i'd be 100% in the wrong.

I think it stinks that someone told you to fuck off with your kid present despite it being there fault; they we're acting like a bellend. But thats another subject.

As this thread has seemed to turn into abit of a confession booth I'll own up. I accidently kicked a kid in the melee following Stephen Ireland's late winner against Reading. I felt terrible but as I bent down to pick the little lad up fearing the worst he popped back up and again and just carried on jumping about as normally. I think I was more shock up than he was, still makes me smile when I think about it.

hello said:
We had almost the same situation with my lad on Saturday, the guy behind jumped a bit too enthusucally when tevez scored and fell over into the lad.

Fortunately he reacted rather normally and rather than telling me to f off, he checked that James was ok and offered him a bag of sweets.

Was he wearing a clerical collar?

sweynforkbeard said:
hello said:
We had almost the same situation with my lad on Saturday, the guy behind jumped a bit too enthusucally when tevez scored and fell over into the lad.

Fortunately he reacted rather normally and rather than telling me to f off, he checked that James was ok and offered him a bag of sweets.

Was he wearing a clerical collar?

I reckon it was Arsene Wenger!

Whilst we are all confessing, I must hold my hands up as to being the root cause of the whole issue that created this post. On the morning of Saturday 25th September 2010 I whipped TFS' arse at snooker. This devasting occurence caused him to seek solice in alcohol, hence his excessively inebriated state at the aforementioned football match.

In future, I shall, like a certain cricket team, allow myself to be beaten!

Rematch, Ste?

Hamann Pineapple said:
bluegarty said:
I'm not gonna name him but a few people will know who I mean.... Just wanted opinions on kids in block 110 as he has been buzzing about the game all weekend but this incident slightly overshadowed it for me.

Were you ever in the Kippax as a kid when we scored ?

This^^^ from Hamman, and i also take my Girl(shes ten) and let her stand on my chair in 111, she absolutely loves it and she can't wait for a good away day, the more noise and atmos the better imo, and hers. Did he only knock into him when we scored or was he continuosly doing it?

-- Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:17 pm --

deynaskaz said:
I wouldnt take my two lads in there 11 and 8 , but the choice is yours,i suppose if ya want him growing up swearing and abusing opposition fans then great ,just think they should be a bit older so they already have a good grounding and understand thats for football and not everyday life. ps buy him a fighting dog pup as well .

WTF is this about mate? ^^^^

-- Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:24 pm --

GStar said:
There's been kids next to us in 111... just makes me more aware if we score to make sure the kids ok as i/we're jumping around celebrating.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, if the kid is accompanied by an adult/parent who's looking out for them.

I'm up on the chairs a lot when we score, if i was to fall it's 100% my fault its not a "these thigns happen"... i'd be 100% in the wrong.

I think it stinks that someone told you to fuck off with your kid present despite it being there fault; they we're acting like a bellend. But thats another subject.

Yeah, nice one mate, but in noway holdback on our behalf. My daughter has never heard me swear, pissed up or anything like that, so when i took her last season in 111 she heard me swear and WWWWOWWWWM have a pint, she knows that is not the done thing outside of City and the OP could of and should have accepted the hand of TFS imo, job done. Deynaskaz, were you Wumming in your previous post, as just an example my girl is a top, top kid as some posters on here would testify, certainly not after a fighting pup thats for sure and it did half the posters on here no harm in the Kippax, me included.

Superb old atmos after we scored on Saturday btw, happy days.

GStar said:

yer but your not like the rest of us mere mortals are you. if you look why i was saying fuck off, it was because he wouldnt shake my hand, i never even touched the lad, so dont make out i piled on top of him, yes i was in the wrong, but sit would of simmered down if the handshake was excepted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.