Kids in block 110??

SWP's back said:
1_barry_conlon said:
I appreciate what you say mate but surely you would know the score before you venture in that part of the ground? Taking into consideration the opposition involoved and the magnitude of the game it was always going to get a bit 'lively' sometime during the proceedings, especially if we scored.

If you're going to be unsure then the safe bet surely is the family stand and not a part of the ground where sometimes you know it's a bit 'anarchic?'
I think you are probably right and you have now given advice that the op was looking for. Your first post above however wasn't as helpful as mis-interpreted what the thread was about.

I have two nephews about that age. One would love it there, the other would hate it. It depends on the kid really.

TFS is a good lad though swearing at the dad is always risky, luckily no harm done.

Luckilly i have daughters who have never really been into football so i can count the amount of times i've taken them on one hand. On each occasion though i've ensured i've been as far away from the 'lively' areas as possible because i've known how quick the mood can change.

I appreciate that people want to show their kids 'atmosphere' but some times you have to look at the big picture.

1_barry_conlon said:
SWP's back said:
I think you are probably right and you have now given advice that the op was looking for. Your first post above however wasn't as helpful as mis-interpreted what the thread was about.

I have two nephews about that age. One would love it there, the other would hate it. It depends on the kid really.

TFS is a good lad though swearing at the dad is always risky, luckily no harm done.

Luckilly i have daughters who have never really been into football so i can count the amount of times i've taken them on one hand. On each occasion though i've ensured i've been as far away from the 'lively' areas as possible because i've known how quick the mood can change.

I appreciate that people want to show their kids 'atmosphere' but some times you have to look at the big picture.
Agreed though I would hate to have daughters knowing what I was like as a teen! ;-)

Slighty off topic, I sit in 210 and looked down into 110 and saw somebody tucking into home made buttys and a flask!?!?!?! thats worse than people knocking kids over ;-)

This season City have introduced an official family stand, where they are encouraging fans to watch the game and bring their kids along. Now, there's nothing forcing you to sit in the Family stand, you can bring your kids with you and sit wherever you like. However, what you have to realise is that once you leave the safe confines of the family stand the stadium, and the fans are, by definition, not family friendly. They will stand up and make it difficult for kids to see, they will swear, they will be "boisterous", they will have varying amounts of alcohol in their system, and they will not be diluting or taming their behaviour to accommodate children being near them as, and rightly so, there's a family stand for you to use, and one which always seems to have empty seats in it.

Now, I don't think anyone should be standing on their seat, for whatever reason, so looking at the specifics of this case, TFS has obviously been acting like a bit of a tool and, due to balancing precariously on his seat, and being a little worse for wear, he's fallen over. Clearly an apology was required and, it would seem, one was forthcoming. It's your choice whether you accept it or not, but it's also TFS's choice how he reacts to you refusing his apology.

On a personal note, I don't like kids being at the game near me as, whether I like it or not, I feel a little guilty and self conscious about letting myself go and swearing rabidly at yet another shocking refereeing decision. I don't feel I can really react in the way I'd like. However, if you consider having a pop at me for swearing around your child then you should be prepared for me to explain to you, in not too polite a manner, exactly which area of the stadium you should be in if you're not happy about the language being used.

best part of the ground,everytime we score someone bumps me or i smash knees on seat in front ,had my lad and daughter in there for years,daughter has quit watching football now,gone girlie lol,i did use to feel bad when we sang the song oh manchester is wonderfull when she was there because of the words.but i knew the risk,swearing and passion and crazy antics when we scored ,every parent that takes a child in there knows it can be wild ,shame for the kid,but remember no one falls into people on purpose,it will happen to someone again probably this season,just shake hands and add each other to facebook guys

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.