Kieran Trippier

Has followed Ben Mee to Burnley on a season-long loan so still no chances at our club for him.

so with the youth Champions League U19, what happens to the players that are over 19 since there's no reserve side anymore? We loan them all out?

As a Burnley fan at heart (City being my second love since I relocated a few years ago) I'm quite happy to see us take some players on loan from us as silly as that sounds. It's good to see some young talent coming in. Especially with the imminent departure of Eagles and Mears to Bolton.

Andouble said:
so with the youth Champions League U19, what happens to the players that are over 19 since there's no reserve side anymore? We loan them all out?
Players like Guidetti will be promoted to senior squad while players like assulin, bunn and roman will get league cup matches and Manchester and Lancashie senior cup games and play in reserve friendlies.

The older reserves like mcgivern, weiss and warbara will probably go out on loan and see how they develop .

Great move for him. Burnley are a team to look out for this season.

Another whole season in the Championship, not the best idea in my opinion, as he had that last season, and therefore I think the benefit he can get from it is more limited. Maybe loaning him out there until January and then if he did well then, either loan him out to a Premiership team in Jan or let him try and compete for a first team place with us.

Once again he is impressing his loan club's fans in the Championship and has made the right-back spot his own for Burnley.

It is a shame that we can't find him a club in the Premier League to go on loan too as he seems more than good enough for the Championship.

Ben Mee is also said to be settling well and doing a good job, but has the odd lapse in concentration.

LoveCity said:
Once again he is impressing his loan club's fans in the Championship and has made the right-back spot his own for Burnley.

It is a shame that we can't find him a club in the Premier League to go on loan too as he seems more than good enough for the Championship.

Ben Mee is also said to be settling well and doing a good job, but has the odd lapse in concentration.

What are Burnley's promotion chances?

southern muppet said:
LoveCity said:

What are Burnley's promotion chances?

I would not say they are good in a league with Leicester and West Ham, their best hope is to reach the playoffs and sneak through like Blackpool. But Burnley have very little money and rely a lot on loan signings like the two we sent them. I think they only made one permanent signing and had to sell Eagles and Mears to Bolton. Not sure I can see Burnley back in the Premier League any time soon to receive a 6-1 thrashing on their waterlogged pitch (what a game that was). =)

LoveCity said:

I don't rate Mee any higher than League One or Championship level. But I rate Trippier higher than any defensive players we've brought through for a long while. He's much mire technically gifted than Onuoha or Richards, he's quicker than Mee Cunningham McGivern and Boyata, he's a great tackler and does well getting forward. I'd also like to see him loaned to a Prem club to see how he does. I think the Burnley loan should have been to Christmas and then a Prem club for the rest of the season, but that wont happen now which is a shame because it'd be very good to see if he is Prem quality or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.