Kiev post match reaction thread - PLEASE keep it in here.

why can`t we win 3-0?

we`re city and we will always do things the hard way,whether we have money coming out of our ears or we havn`t got a pot to piss in,we will always get put through the ringer as fans.

to be honest the kiev result hasn`t soured my positive outlook,we`re third in the league,could have a possible trip to wembley and have a cracking second leg coming up in the europa cup,we`re great at home in europe and i can only see a home win against kiev...

this next week is make or break time for the season and i know that we`ll come through the other side with our toes still quite happily dipped in all three fronts..

keep the faith brothers,things are starting to hot up

forza mancini

BillyShears said:
Chick Counterfly said:
I know time stands still when you are waiting for your own team to get a goal back, but we had a good spell for a while, shot, chance, corner or cross every minute or two. Off the top of my head, Tevez and Yaya forced saves, Silva missed a perfect chance. Plenty of corners and crosses down the left.

I was angry when it started to get sloppy, furious when they gave up, but until point I thought they showed a bit of fight in a difficult enviroment, against a fresher opponent who were obscenely good on the night.

1-0 would have been fine. We threw it away.

I really think it speaks volumes that we're (me included) clinging to the odd 15/20 minute good spell to try and see the bright side. For me we played better for that period, but better than abysmal, which isn't saying much.

I thought Tevez's head was fine - I think he probably just gets a little tired of constantly being called upon to bail an underperforming team out.

I've been traveling all day today so i'm sat watching the world go by as I contemplate all things City. As calm as I feel now, I still stand by what I posted earlier in the thread. To my eyes Mancini is as out of his depth as Hughes was. We've just replaced one set of problems for another.

Wouldn't take much more to make him look like a fool, but you're calling it too early. Maybe running Barry and Yaya into the ground is a calculated decision, maybe not. With so many of these decisions, we've paid the price but will have to wait to see if we get the long term profit, the likes of NDJ fit and fully fresh for the important games, especially Chelsea and Tottenham. Mancini's come back from worse form this time last year, so I don't think I'm being too fanciful.

Soulboy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I can write the script now. They put 11 behind the ball. We have 75% posession. We miss a few chances and final ball lets us down. WE score on 65 minutes and get our tails up. We have more posession but can't really create serious openings. On 83 minutes they break away through a Kolorov error and score. The ground empties.

That's absolute nonsense DD.

The ground will be empty far earlier than that...

-- Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:42 pm --

I think people on here are forgetting just how tough the Europa League really is.

The fact that in the past five years Middlesbrough, Glasgow Rangers and Fulham have made the final is just luck...

Dynamo Kiev are shit apparently

Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:
Bizarrely enough, I still have a sneaky feeling that we might very well go through next week.

I think Mancini may see the pressure off us, and release the shackles. Shit or bust, that sort of thing.

Now I realise he has never done that yet in his time as manager, but as we prepare for a Wembley semi-final, and the league has taken a back seat, I think he will go for it, knowing he has little to lose (as he has the back up of a Wembley visit to come).

But if he doesn't... then get those pitchforks and burning torches ready for after the match!

I can write the script now. They put 11 behind the ball. We have 75% posession. We miss a few chances and final ball lets us down. WE score on 65 minutes and get our tails up. We have more posession but can't really create serious openings. On 83 minutes they break away through a Kolorov error and score. The ground empties.
I imagine it to be something like this :(

mcfcgaz said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I imagine it to be something like this :(
I admit it's not the best attitude to have but these are my thoughts exactly.

Amigo said:
Andouble said:
too slow, no creativity, ground not soft enough, too many gloves, refs a cheat, Mancini's hat too big, Kiev full of divers

what have I missed?

The pitch is too green

Kick off time? Ten o'clock at night is not the time to be playing football it is the time the players are thinking of going to bed, not starting to do their 'day' job!

I got back from Kyiv at 7.00 pm last night so have not had the time or the inclination to read all 31 pages, apologies if the point has been made before.

Got back on Spikes trip last night which was great as usual but Kiev itself nothing to write home about.

Kiev police are corrupt and target tourists / footy fans so if you are going there for the Euros watch yourselves.Was happy for them to get The Euros originally but having seen the coppers I think its a massive mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.