Kiki Musampa

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
His brother Chris Musampa was better.
ruteta3a.jpg
When I see one of these I always think of him.

Position

He was a left winger well known for scoring goals, his dribbling skills and his pace.

:>)

Loved him, didn't he make his debut against Chelsea away, 0-0 maybe?

Yes that goals against the dippers, but the equaliser against Boro aswell was pretty neat (Fowler had to miss that fucking pen).

Kiki was if anything too good for the players around him, he would slip balls through only for other players to just not see the openings, or make countless runs without getting the ball.
This is not that unusual in football and why how a team is put together is what separates the top teams from others who maybe have better players but not the blend.

He certainly had his moments for us though, scored a couple of crackers and always put a shift in.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Was he actually any good? Back then I only got to see City now and again and he always looked pretty poor
Or is he just a player I didn't get

Kiki was shit but he does have a good name

Kiki was brought in by Keegan in quite an underwhelming time.

Anelka had gone, Shauny surely was gonna have to move on too...

Pearce, despite his faults, managed to get off to a great start managing City. Kiki was only on loan til the end of the season, and the last 8 games or so of the season he definitely seemed to be playing for his contract.

Liverpool at home, Villa away, Middlesbrough at home, vital games in our run in to try and get the last UEFA cup spot he played an important role in, and played well.

I remember when I first joined this board in the summer of 2005, many people were drawing up formations like:

Sinclair Barton Reyna
------Musampa
---Cole------Vassell

So around that time, there must have been quite a bit of optimism about the guy.

After that long description of his first 3 months at City, I will try and explain his last year:

He was shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.