Kinky at Sunday's Game

I Live In A Blue House said:
gedmc1960 said:
I've been a city fan all my life, my first season ticket cost £4 junior in the Kippax (1973/74), I've seen them all come and go. But who is the best between Georgio Kinkladze and David Silva is an impossible decision because when kinky played he didn't have the quality players around him as Silva has. I remember when Kinky had the ball he would be pointing to his team mates where he wanted them to run. His team mates were not on the same level as he was. Silva doesn't have that problem because his team mates have talent in abundance. It would be interesting to have put Kinky in our present team. Lets not forget just how lucky we were to keep kinky for so long and how much of a sacrifice he made for us! and what about Ali Bernarbia?

Hear, Hear!!!!
Silva has it over Kinkladze overall because when Kinky got clobbered he went missing for the rest of the game, Silva gets clobbered and gets up and is back in there. As creative players like these go, aside from Colin Bell as the greatest of them all, the top four i've ever seen at City are 1. Bobby Johnstone 2. Benarbia 3. Silva 4. Kinkladze. But I never saw Peter Doherty.

An absolute legend! Can't wait to give him a great ovation. Is he on at City Square before the game or is it at half time when he's coming on?

I have just spoken to the manager of city's old boys team and he tells me there is a good chance that Kinkladze will play for the legends team at Hyde FC tomorrow. They are playing a combined Police / victim support team for the Linzi Ashton Trophy to raise funds and awareness to combat Domestic Abuse. There has been high profile support for this game from former City players and the police commissioner's office. Mike Summerbee , Tommy Booth and Peter Barnes were at the publicity launch.
The regular players for this team include Peter Barnes, Andy dibble, Eric Nixon, Steve Redmond, Ian Brightwell, Both Whitley brothers ,Paul Dickov amongst others. The organisors are expecting Mike Summerbee and Shaun Goater to attend.
the game kicks off at 2PM at Ewen fields , admission is £6 for adults , £3 for juniors.
It would be great to see Giorgi in the blue shirt tomorrow if he can make it. He has asked for a pair of boots in his size to be available if Paul his Chauffer can get him there.
I will try and update tomorrow if this can be confirmed 100%

My brother went for a meal with him earlier this week. Said he was great, and he picked up the tab. He also got the little genius to sign a shirt for me. Reckons he'll come in the Leve for a drink before he goes back home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.