KKs gems

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
More KK gems....

'Shaun Wright-Phillips has got a big heart. It's as big as him, which isn't very big, but it's bigger'

'Luis Figo is totally different to David Beckham, and vice versa'

'I don't think there's anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona.'

'The good news for Nigeria is that they're two-nil down very early in the game'

'There's a slight doubt about only one player, and that's Tony Adams, who definitely won't be playing tomorrow.'

'Argentina won't be at Euro 2000 because they're from South America.'

'He'll also be very dangerous from set-pieces. That means he'll be a threat from free-kicks and corners in the final third of the field.'

'They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that.'

'We deserved to win this game after hammering them 0-0 in the first half'

'It's like a toaster, the ref's shirt pocket. Every time there's a tackle, up pops a yellow card.'

'The ref was vertically 15 yards away.'

'Goalkeepers aren't born today until they're in their late twenties or thirties.'

'They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Heighway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different'

'Despite his white boots, he has real pace...'

'You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw...'

'He can't speak Turkey, but you can tell he's delighted.'

'...using his strength. And that is his strength, his strength.'

'I'm not disappointed - just disappointed.'

'The tide is very much in our court now.'

'Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose.'

'I came to Nantes two years ago and it's much the same today, except that it's totally different.'

'The substitute is about to come on - he's a player who was left out of the starting line-up today.'

'That decision, for me, was almost certainly definitely wrong.'

'In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg.'

'It's understandable that people are keeping one eye on the pot and another up the chimney.'

'It could be far worse for me if it was easy for me.'

'Football's always easier when you've got the ball'

'The tide is very much in our court now.'

'I've had an interest in racing all my life, or longer really.'

'We managed to wrong a few rights.'

'We are three games without defeat is another way of looking at it. But if we are honest we have taken two points from nine'

'You get bunches of players like you do bananas, though that is a bad comparison.'

'Not many teams will come to Arsenal and get anything, home or away'

Made me laugh several times.

David Seaman, David James, Michael Tarnat, Nicolas Anelka, Jon Macken, Ali Bernabia, Eyal Berkovic, Niclas Jensen, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Stuart Pearce, Peter Schmeichel, Marc-Vivien Foé, Paul Bosvelt.

Sort out the good from the bad. Looking at this list it appears he favoured experienced players.

MCFC BOB said:
David Seaman, David James, Michael Tarnat, Nicolas Anelka, Jon Macken, Ali Bernabia, Eyal Berkovic, Niclas Jensen, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Stuart Pearce, Peter Schmeichel, Marc-Vivien Foé, Paul Bosvelt.

Sort out the good from the bad. Looking at this list it appears he favoured experienced players.

Good: Seaman, James, Tarnat, Anelka, Bernabia, Berkovic, Jensen, Pearce, Schmeichel, Foe and Bosvelt

Bad: Macken, Fowler, McManaman.

You missed out Claudio Reyna. He was good.

Simon Colosimo was actually a VERY good player, with tons of potential. That was until Andy Cole absolutely destroyed his knee in a friendly game between Australia and the Rags.

For some reason, Australia used to produce some brilliant players in the Libero role.

meeesh said:
Christian Negouai ?

LOL, what a crock of shite he was! Although a great success in the reserves it would appear...!

"Negouai proved to be a versatile success for Manchester City Reserves in the Premier Reserve League scoring nine goals in 19 games after being converted to a Centre forward from a Defensive midfielder." Courtesy of Wiki.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.