KKs gems

Rudgey said:
No mention for Kenny Carr??

Great player.

Took the piss out of Rochdale on his debut.

Fan's favourite after 30 seconds.

Just to add, re Seaman. He was a great keeper in his pomp but woeful for City.

You could see what was coming on his debut when he got in a race with Yakubu to the edge of the six yard box. Seaman started on his line, Yakubu started on the half way line and Yakubu got there first to stick it away.

Signing James kept City up that year. We went from a keeper who was regularly costing us points to one that actually won points for us and did stuff that other keepers weren't capable of.

Even Seaman knew he wasn't up to it, packing it in halfway through the season.

peoffrey said:
MCFC BOB said:
David Seaman, David James, Michael Tarnat, Nicolas Anelka, Jon Macken, Ali Bernabia, Eyal Berkovic, Niclas Jensen, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Stuart Pearce, Peter Schmeichel, Marc-Vivien Foé, Paul Bosvelt.

Sort out the good from the bad. Looking at this list it appears he favoured experienced players.

Good: Seaman, James, Tarnat, Anelka, Bernabia, Berkovic, Jensen, Pearce, Schmeichel, Foe and Bosvelt

Bad: Macken, Fowler, McManaman.

You missed out Claudio Reyna. He was good.
I forgot. I thought Reyna was a Pearce signing.

Bosvelt was a bad signing, Macken was a good one.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Rudgey said:
No mention for Kenny Carr??

Great player.

Took the piss out of Rochdale on his debut.

Fan's favourite after 30 seconds.

Just to add, re Seaman. He was a great keeper in his pomp but woeful for City.

You could see what was coming on his debut when he got in a race with Yakubu to the edge of the six yard box. Seaman started on his line, Yakubu started on the half way line and Yakubu got there first to stick it away.

Signing James kept City up that year. We went from a keeper who was regularly costing us points to one that actually won points for us and did stuff that other keepers weren't capable of.

Even Seaman knew he wasn't up to it, packing it in halfway through the season.
My dad had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years after he left us.

He said he really thought he had another year in him when he signed, but a couple for months into the season knew he wasn't up to it. He stayed on because Weaver was injured and we only had Ellegard (sp) as backup 'til Jan. Apparently said it hurt him to step out each week knowing he wasn't gonna be anywhere near good enough and he wanted a replacement in.

Arni Arason. What a game against Spurs. Conceded 3 and was still one of the top 3 for MOM.

Has Distin been mentioned yet?

MCFC BOB said:
peoffrey said:
Good: Seaman, James, Tarnat, Anelka, Bernabia, Berkovic, Jensen, Pearce, Schmeichel, Foe and Bosvelt

Bad: Macken, Fowler, McManaman.
You missed out Claudio Reyna. He was good.

I forgot. I thought Reyna was a Pearce signing.

Bosvelt was a bad signing, Macken was a good one.

Reyna was DEFINITELY a KK signing.

Also, the Icelandic keeper Arneson.

Played in the 4-3 at Shite Hart Lane.

He did well at City, some good memories of him, he would probably have done okay second time around at Newcastle too but got shafted by the politics of the club. I don't know why but I've got a feeling that Fowler might make a good manager. I wonder if he'll try, it would be interesting to see how he gets on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.