Knife crime

Knives are the new knuckledusters. Too many people surviving stabbings so they think its just a non fatal scary tactic amongst twat wars.

True. It is a ritual humiliation in some parts of the urban crime world. They don't want to kill their victims , they just want to fuck them up.

It is so sad. Where was days you had a scrap win or lose ? you may go home with black eye but you lived on. kids don't want lose or face rejection. welcome to the world of social media.

Like rust, the decay works it’s way up, from the inside out, and if you don’t nip it, it gets progressively more ugly and expensive.

Crime, in general, is getting more and more violent in the UK. GMP happy to display the 120 guns they gave confiscated this year, but it only represents a scratch on the surface of what must be out there.

UK crime seems to have exploded within the 18-25 crowd, as everyone tries to be Mr Big, and it will only get worse when people realize the downside is so paltry.

A knife is a deadly weapon, just like a gun. Carrying one might be for self-protection, but the fact that you have it implied you are willing to use it. What if you’re punched? Straight to the knife? What if the other lad, or one of his mates, has one? Two dead? More? Or maybe just a few slashed faces? After all, who doesn’t want one of those after a night out and a bit of an argument outside the bar?!

Britain is slowly dissolving in its own toxic stew of underprivileged, undereducated, underemployed young men looking to “be” someone.

When I come over, I see the amount of “reality TV” bigging up the plastic steroid using muscle bound losers who always seem to get the trout pout, fake tits, make up plastered whores with their 3 inch nails and 6 inch heels, and I die a little inside at what is being held up as some “ideal” or “success.” In fact, it’s hard to tell one from the other, as they all meld into the same looking person, a la the Kardashians!

It pervades social media and the tabloids and it makes it seem like that is what success looks like, because it certainly appears to bring them money and the “Hollywood” lifestyle. So, in their own warped way, these kids, who often have very little, have to find a way to be more, be bigger, be badder, and be repped on the street, and can’t be seen to be backing down. Hence, bring an “equalizer” to the game.

It’s sad to see what is becoming of Blighty, but the desirable places seem to be getting more desirable and out of reach of most, while the less desirable places seem to be trying to slap a pretty veneer on themselves while they slowly decay from the inside.

Cue the “Yeah, but what about (fill in the American jibe here)”

Last edited:
It is so sad. Where was days you had a scrap win or lose ? you may go home with black eye but you lived on. kids don't want lose or face rejection. welcome to the world of social media.
Remember when it was fists and first one to go down lost, and everyone walked away?

Today, you have to be pummeled until you are unconscious in the street, THEN a few kicks in the gut and the face, and then one last stomp to the head…just in case you’re not almost dead yet!

Fucking disgusting!

To me, stomping on someone is GBH, while stomping on someone’s head is Attempted Murder.

While someone suggested knife crime CANNOT be made so serious as to require incarceration, it is the EXACT OPPOSITE that needs to happen!

Brandishing of a knife should be assault with a deadly weapon, while use of that knife to injure should be Attempted Murder!

The deterrent effect alone should stamp out knife crime, and if it doesn’t, why would society want those people walking around, or stood next to them in the pub, while they’re out having a nice time with their wife, girlfriend, or friends and family?

England has turned into a soft “society has wronged this offender, so we must be gentle with him” criminal justice system.

While I don’t condone corporal punishment in most instances, the old saying, “Spare the rod, spoil the child” applies today as it ever did. The only thing that has changed is the rod does not literally have to be a stick with which to beat someone.

Kids grow up knowing right from wrong. They KNOW when they’re doing wrong, but if they’re ALWAYS getting away virtually scott-free, why on earth would they ever change their behavior?

Actions have consequences.

Today, those consequences are sorely lacking.

Agreed. dunno how embellish on your post. Apart from am from the north east of Scotland n same problem. it's not an English or Welsh or Irish thing. Be a man take your kicking or be a winner.....Surely to those your worship beats being dead or in jail for 15 years? or am I missing something ?

Be a man take your kicking or be a winner.....Surely to those your worship beats being dead or in jail for 15 years? or am I missing something ?

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying here.

A little help?

Remember when it was fists and first one to go down lost, and everyone walked away?

Today, you have to be pummeled until you are unconscious in the street, THEN a few kicks in the gut and the face, and then one last stomp to the head…just in case you’re not almost dead yet!

Fucking disgusting!

To me, stomping on someone is GBH, while stomping on someone’s head is Attempted Murder.

While someone suggested knife crime CANNOT be made so serious as to require incarceration, it is the EXACT OPPOSITE that needs to happen!

Brandishing of a knife should be assault with a deadly weapon, while use of that knife to injure should be Attempted Murder!

The deterrent effect alone should stamp out knife crime, and if it doesn’t, why would society want those people walking around, or stood next to them in the pub, while they’re out having a nice time with their wife, girlfriend, or friends and family?

England has turned into a soft “society has wronged this offender, so we must be gentle with him” criminal justice system.

While I don’t condone corporal punishment in most instances, the old saying, “Spare the rod, spoil the child” applies today as it ever did. The only thing that has changed is the rod does not literally have to be a stick with which to beat someone.

Kids grow up knowing right from wrong. They KNOW when they’re doing wrong, but if they’re ALWAYS getting away virtually scott-free, why on earth would they ever change their behavior?

Actions have consequences.

Today, those consequences are sorely lacking.
Well said Chicago. Two good posts there. From out you can see where we are heading. It's pretty scary. But what's the solution?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.