Knock Door Run

We used to do something similar to knock and run only it didn't involve knocking,or running.
When fishing on the canal in the summer we used to cast a line across the canal into the bushes and tie the other end to a bin back full of rubbish.When a barge came along it would snag the line at the front of the boat and drag the bin bag along the bank and into the water,eventually snagging said rubbish around the propellor rendering the offending boat dead in the water.The faces of utter dispair on the people on board was a picture.

Used to play this all the time as a kid, aswell as :-

Garden trotting
Tying cotton to a door knocker and hiding in bushes opposite
Putting dog crap on some paper and then putting nail varnish remover on then setting fire to it
Filing in on a random stranger and seeing how many of us we could get behind and how long for before they realised.

Getting caught garden trotting these days would probably leave kids open to getting a good beating as a suspected burglar I would imagine.

Blurblobs...

There was some swampy ground between school and a care home full of purple loosestrife or rosebay willow herb, this plant had a ball like root embedded in the swamp. We'd pull them up, break them off about 10" long with the root on and throw them at one another or at other kids who ventured near. The mud on the root was as black as tar and worse than that they stunk terrible, you couldn't get the smell off for days.

Knock-a-door run was class. We also used to egg windows. One night we picked the wrong house and two 20ish year old lads came out and chased us for a good hour all over Eccles. Shit scared.

I rang Piccadilly 1152 one day and told them there was a rottweiler loose in the Ellesmere Park area that answered to the name of 'Satan'. They put it out over the airwaves as well!

mostonblue said:
A fun new twist to the game, 3 step hiding :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmMKJ99n74[/youtube]

56 seconds that is hilarious. hahaha

Couldn't play that round mine though, don't think people would be as friendly :|

anyone used to play kick the can?

one guy had to stand at the can on the ground and the others legged it off to hide.

the guy counted to 100 and then came looking, if he found any of us, it was our turn on the can.

if any of us got back and kicked the can, then he had to do it again.

we'd always have some daft get who wandered off instead of looking and we'd get back to the can and he'd be "it" again...all night ;)

We had a miles better childhood than the kids of today playing indoors on playstations etc.

We played knock a door run and there was a deaf and dumb husband and wife on our estate, when you pressed their bell the living room lights flashed on and off, we drove them fucking mad every night. The bloke was a big nutter and if he would of ever caught us I dont think we would of lived to tell the tale. Ashamed to say we must of made most peoples lives a misery on that council estate. Although we never broke much or hurt anyone.

Just said to the mrs that I would go fucking nuts if kids did what we did to my house ( a sign of getting old ) or was we really out of order back then ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.