Knock Door Run

the local headmaster was a mr webster, he lived in clayton bridge, we used to raid his orchard.although not ancient he was too old to catch us so it was never a worry until one day what must have been his son legged it after us. i ran down the brow towards the new houses(sheldon dr) towards the bay horse. Sheldon was a cul de sac and he had me trapped until i launched myself over someones garden and ended up somewhere behind the pub.

quite disgraceful behaviour, a grown man chasing young kids like that:)

he did have a pear tree though so worth the risk.

We played Knock and 4. You knock on the door, and have 4 steps to hide. You could hide anywhere you wanted, but only in 4 steps.

Best one I did was knocked on this big fucker of a house, that had perfectly trimmed bushes leading down the pathway and up to the door. Knocked and decided over the bushes would be a good place, but didnt realise they had a gap, that was about 5 inches between the bush and a wall. Fell into this gap, and couldnt get out as it was so narrow! The man that lived there spotted my arms waving and actually helped me out, nice guy too!

we used to knock at door and shout 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!' then say , oh wrong house and run off

also we would knock and just sit on there front garden and talk

strange days

There was a block of flats by us and we used to nick the doormats from outside each flat, pile them up against a door, knock on and watch as the person opened the door to an avalanche of door mats. Neither big or clever, but it stopped us from sniffing glue i suppose.

Knock door run was quality, as was 'budding' windows with rose buds. We took it to another level one night. We were camping in one of our mates gardens, aged around 14 in 1992, (I know its that as the Barca olympics were on), and had a few tinnies like you do. 3 in the morning we decide it must be a good idea to run around the streets of New Moston banging on the doors of the terraced houses on one of the streets. It turns out it was a really bad idea and we got caught and frog marched home by someone who knew one of our folks.
Fast forward to 2001 and me and the ex are looking at buying our first home.
'I know your face mate', the guy says who we are looking to buy a house off.
'Yes thats right, you're the one who ran up and down this street years ago banging on everyones door in the morning, aren't you?'

Sheepishly I admitted it and got 'the look' off the ex. We ended up buying that house as it goes, and me and the bloke are mates to this day, regularly enjoying a pint in the local :-)

A fun new twist to the game, 3 step hiding :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmMKJ99n74[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.