Kodi (Bluemoon Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just wondering if anyone has the Nvidia Shield and what they think of it. I've got a Fire TV box at the minute but I've heard the Shields are a lot better spec for streaming and and great for gaming too? Can you play any android games on it? Is the memory upgradeable?
16 gb version £150 from Scan. Worth it? And can you install apps via adblink?
The shield is really good for android gaming, it is most likely overkill though if you are just using the bluemoon build :)

Have put SPMC on my Firestick with the bluemoon build, great stuff @aguerooooo

Previously used Kodi with Paradox, which while having everything I needed I found it to be bloated with a lot of stuff I didn't use and was a pain in the arse when you first put it on with all the auto-updating of apps, so the Bluemoon build wins hands down for me.

However, I still find that some of the higher quality live football streams can be a bit blocky. I've switched off the acceleration but this just results in everything going at a slower rate. I can usually get a decent stream by looking around, but would still like to watch the high quality ones (like the ones that PLP used to deliver before that too went blocky and before it disappeared).

Questions: Does the FireTV box handle high quality live streams better and does that fact it is wired and has more RAM make that much of a difference?

Got the family around tomorrow to watch the derby live on Kodi. Really hope it works lol
Give yourself plenty of time to get a stream mate, zem TV and evolve are looking really good at the moment :)

Have put SPMC on my Firestick with the bluemoon build, great stuff @aguerooooo

Previously used Kodi with Paradox, which while having everything I needed I found it to be bloated with a lot of stuff I didn't use and was a pain in the arse when you first put it on with all the auto-updating of apps, so the Bluemoon build wins hands down for me.

However, I still find that some of the higher quality live football streams can be a bit blocky. I've switched off the acceleration but this just results in everything going at a slower rate. I can usually get a decent stream by looking around, but would still like to watch the high quality ones (like the ones that PLP used to deliver before that too went blocky and before it disappeared).

Questions: Does the FireTV box handle high quality live streams better and does that fact it is wired and has more RAM make that much of a difference?
You're welcome mate

Premier league pass is dead mate, they lost the rights to broadcast in new Zealand at the end of last season sadly, the blocky look to streams you mention is entirely down to the quality of the stream and also the encoding method the streamer uses; I think somehow the premier league pass streams were able to be hacked into which is why they were such high quality streams; evolve looks to be using a similar method mate and looks like now they have got there add-on sorted out :)

Give yourself plenty of time to get a stream mate, zem TV and evolve are looking really good at the moment :)

You're welcome mate

Premier league pass is dead mate, they lost the rights to broadcast in new Zealand at the end of last season sadly, the blocky look to streams you mention is entirely down to the quality of the stream and also the encoding method the streamer uses; I think somehow the premier league pass streams were able to be hacked into which is why they were such high quality streams; evolve looks to be using a similar method mate and looks like now they have got there add-on sorted out :)

Thanks mate, this will be the first football match I have watched on kodi, are the streams clear? Do they buffer randomly in the match?

Thanks for the tip, I will get zem tv tonight.
Out of interest you around in here this afternoon and evening?

Thanks mate, this will be the first football match I have watched on kodi, are the streams clear? Do they buffer randomly in the match?

Thanks for the tip, I will get zem tv tonight.
Out of interest you around in here this afternoon and evening?
Are you using the build mate? Zem TV is already on the build

It depends on the stream you use mate, if your stream is naff you could get buffering but it all depends on the stream you are using

Yeah I'll be on bluemoon this evening mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.