Kodi (Bluemoon Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to use a secure proxy with Kodi? My internet connection slows considerably when I use a VPN, I couldn't get a decent stream last night, every one I tried was buffering every 3 or 4 seconds, just not useable. I would normally resort to Acestream instead of Kodi but I couldn't find the game on there last night.

Is it possible to use a secure proxy with Kodi? My internet connection slows considerably when I use a VPN, I couldn't get a decent stream last night, every one I tried was buffering every 3 or 4 seconds, just not useable. I would normally resort to Acestream instead of Kodi but I couldn't find the game on there last night.

If its not a 3pm game the Mobdro app is good option, also it does have 3pm games but you need to know what channel the games are on. Usually the city website shows you what channel the city games are actual on worldwide.

If its not a 3pm game the Mobdro app is good option, also it does have 3pm games but you need to know what channel the games are on. Usually the city website shows you what channel the city games are actual on worldwide.
Cheers, I'll take a look at that. Many City games have been on local free to air channels this season, last night's game wasn't. From some of the posts I see in the match day thread, I think I'm better off with the Chinese commentary rather than Sky or BT!

I've just taken a look at the Modbro website, I think that app is already installed on my TV (Hisense Android Smart TV), I hadn't bothered much with the TV's apps as everything is in Chinese, I'll investigate later :)

Last edited:
I had a wonderful stream of yesterdays game from NJM, English coms

Yup, I used to get good results running XBMC on a Raspberry Pi when I was in the UK, now I have to get past the Great Firewall, it seems that a lot of the servers for KODI addons are blocked here, which means I have to run a VPN to bypass that problem. That in itself causes another problem as although I have a 20Mb/s connection (which is better than most here, standard is 8Mb/s) when I run a VPN things slow down considerably and result in a lot of buffering, last night was particularly bad. I've been looking at configuring a Raspberry Pi as an access point running a secure proxy, the problem is that I don't have a lot of time to play around with that between working and attending happy hours at the local, and not all USB Wifi Adapters will operate as a hotspot, which doesn't help.

If the game is on Acestream I can run a secure proxy in Chrome or Firefox and get the game that way, usually works ok but with Russian commentary, I'm not too fussed so long as the picture is reasonable, I don't like watching animated oil paintings...

The government here have announced that they will be upgrading internet connectivity considerably and I have noticed a lot of fibre going in the existing duct routes recently, so there's hope yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.