Kodi (Bluemoon Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok mate let us know ...edit just googled Virgin media blocking and one of the results was about kodi being blocked ...

It is not kodi that is blocked, it is the ip's and domains of the public sources they use to serve you films.

99.9999% of these addons are using the same sources and publish their builds on recognized websites.
All it takes is one employee to get the build flick through a load of the chans, catch the ip's, block them. This process is very fast now.
This method would see whole addons rendered useless within an hour for most major isp's and could easily be what is happening.

Ok mate let us know ...edit just googled Virgin media blocking and one of the results was about kodi being blocked ...
Hey mate, this is really weird and I'll have to do more testing but on my raspberry pi I can access the add-on, however on my fire TV I cannot, need to do more digging
It is not kodi that is blocked, it is the ip's and domains of the public sources they use to serve you films.

99.9999% of these addons are using the same sources and publish their builds on recognized websites.
All it takes is one employee to get the build flick through a load of the chans, catch the ip's, block them. This process is very fast now.
This method would see whole addons rendered useless within an hour for most major isp's and could easily be what is happening.
Think the solution will be people finding decent proxy servers TC as this is natively supported in Kodi, we saw how useless ISP blocks against the pirate bay were and I don't think Kodi addons will be much different

Aahhhh and explained simplistically for morons like me ...TCIB will pm you later about pro boards/op blue box forum ...

Hey mate, this is really weird and I'll have to do more testing but on my raspberry pi I can access the add-on, however on my fire TV I cannot, need to do more digging

Think the solution will be people finding decent proxy servers TC as this is natively supported in Kodi, we saw how useless ISP blocks against the pirate bay were and I don't think Kodi addons will be much different

They will look but "honest" proxy servers are hard to come across, most are traps.
A good way would for a few lads to chip into a small kimsufi box, few quid a month for a fast as fuck proxy you know is secure :-)

I've asked earlier about a " click on me " button to update to new versions, as have a few since; and it's been advised that a full install as per the start of the thread instructions.
I've just upgraded without the rigmarole of the full procedure.
Just go back to the Bluemoon Wizard in video addons and click on 'bluemoon build'.
I don't know if that's what Aguerooooooo meant by installing from fresh but I was under the impression he meant full reinstall ie; install "fresh start" etc.
Anyhow it seems to be working ok for me as 0.2.0 but I may be corrected.

They will look but "honest" proxy servers are hard to come across, most are traps.
A good way would for a few lads to chip into a small kimsufi box, few quid a month for a fast as fuck proxy you know is secure :-)
You have a solution for everything TC haha! I will probably use a socks 5 proxy as pia support that if ISP's try it on :)
I've asked earlier about a " click on me " button to update to new versions, as have a few since; and it's been advised that a full install as per the start of the thread instructions.
I've just upgraded without the rigmarole of the full procedure.
Just go back to the Bluemoon Wizard in video addons and click on 'bluemoon build'.
I don't know if that's what Aguerooooooo meant by installing from fresh but I was under the impression he meant full reinstall ie; install "fresh start" etc.
Anyhow it seems to be working ok for me as 0.2.0 but I may be corrected.
The issue with this is that old broken stuff doesn't get removed on my new updates with this method, so add-ons that die will stay if you don't do a fresh start basically mate :)

So can you do a fresh start from the "fresh start" addon though? ie; no need to start with a fresh kodi?

Hi all. Ive installed kodi and this blue moon build tonight (as per the post at the start of this) - found a few streams but the colours are all to shit - flickering green/purple, best I can describe it as if a cable is loose (it isn't only happens in these streams). Have I missed a codec or something?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.