Kolarov and Nastasic

MSP said:
It was stupid thing that didn't went well with non-Serbs on Balkan, Bosnians specially (I wasn't full of joy to see it, to put it softly) though I view it more as a banter. Both of them are very good mates with Edin and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do it on other purposes.

Anyway, I can't stand national flags and stuff on players after winning things with club. What the fuck Bosnian, Serbian and any other flag has to do with MCFC winning the title. Fuck that opportunistic nationalistic shit. I wasn't really impressed too when Dzeko was screaming "Volim te Bosno / I love you Bosnia" when he went from dressing room after QPR match. It reminds me on politicians and their use of patriotic bullshit to gain sympathies.

And it's even worse when two of them were the only ones not wearing City shirts, can't see how club allowed it.

Well, haven't loss much sleep over it to be honest.. Serbia like Nokia sounds much better anyway :D

I read this every day and I do enjoy it very much. I was going mad when we won, the best feeling ever! But when I saw AK and MN wearing those shirts I was left feeling sad, angry and dissappointed. What the hell were they thinking. Them being Serbians they know what that slogan ment to Dzeko and what that does to our EDS player Sinan who has Kosovan roots.

To make a story short, I was born in Bosnia, town called Prijedor. I lost my father, 3 uncles, tens of relatives and hundreds of friends to people that used that same slogan as these two did. It is something that does not go well with me and I find it very offensive. I really don´t know what those two were thinking and I wish they would come clean with it and say why they did it. All in all, this whole national side of things should be forbidden from everything that is related with MCFC, because we are global brand these days and we can not have our players doing things like this. This is as stupid as Donlad Sterling saga in US.

IamJedi said:
MSP said:
It was stupid thing that didn't went well with non-Serbs on Balkan, Bosnians specially (I wasn't full of joy to see it, to put it softly) though I view it more as a banter. Both of them are very good mates with Edin and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do it on other purposes.

Anyway, I can't stand national flags and stuff on players after winning things with club. What the fuck Bosnian, Serbian and any other flag has to do with MCFC winning the title. Fuck that opportunistic nationalistic shit. I wasn't really impressed too when Dzeko was screaming "Volim te Bosno / I love you Bosnia" when he went from dressing room after QPR match. It reminds me on politicians and their use of patriotic bullshit to gain sympathies.

And it's even worse when two of them were the only ones not wearing City shirts, can't see how club allowed it.

Well, haven't loss much sleep over it to be honest.. Serbia like Nokia sounds much better anyway :D

I read this every day and I do enjoy it very much. I was going mad when we won, the best feeling ever! But when I saw AK and MN wearing those shirts I was left feeling sad, angry and dissappointed. What the hell were they thinking. Them being Serbians they know what that slogan ment to Dzeko and what that does to our EDS player Sinan who has Kosovan roots.

To make a story short, I was born in Bosnia, town called Prijedor. I lost my father, 3 uncles, tens of relatives and hundreds of friends to people that used that same slogan as these two did. It is something that does not go well with me and I find it very offensive. I really don´t know what those two were thinking and I wish they would come clean with it and say why they did it. All in all, this whole national side of things should be forbidden from everything that is related with MCFC, because we are global brand these days and we can not have our players doing things like this. This is as stupid as Donlad Sterling saga in US.

Not to disregard your general sentiment, but it really isn't comparable.

IamJedi said:
MSP said:

Sorry to hear of your loses mate. Your post is compelling and evidence enough for me that the club should come down hard on these two. Regardless of Dzeko being in and around the event. We do not need this at our club. Those that think it is no big deal would be the same who would be up in arms if Argentine players had shirts on supporting the killing of British troops and citizens in the Falklands.

el blue said:
IamJedi said:
MSP said:

Not to disregard your general sentiment, but it really isn't comparable.

I agree on that, Sterling is whole other story. But I can´t help it, their shirts offended me very much, I just can´t pretend that it did not happen.

IamJedi said:

I think we all appreciate your post, as it's an issue most of us don't know a huge deal about.

It's quite astonishing to think how recently the war was, and that it took place close to Greece and Italy - countries that even the most geographically ignorant of Brits are familiar with. Given the nature of the conflict it's not surprising that nationalistic feelings still run high amongst the different populations - and international footballers are encouraged to be much more patriotic than the rest of us, so I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt.

However, I do think this appears to have gone a step beyond - the phrase is football related, but does have a more sinister meaning. Kolarov at 28, should certainly know better. If it's not intended to offend anyone then the least I'd expect is for the players to explain themselves.

CitizenTID said:
It would be written by an american wouldn't it

Without knowing him, if you asked his nationality he would probably reply Bosnian before American. There are LOADS of Bosnian refugees in the States. Very likely, he was not born and raised as an American.

Hart of the matter said:
IamJedi said:
MSP said:

Sorry to hear of your loses mate. Your post is compelling and evidence enough for me that the club should come down hard on these two. Regardless of Dzeko being in and around the event. We do not need this at our club. Those that think it is no big deal would be the same who would be up in arms if Argentine players had shirts on supporting the killing of British troops and citizens in the Falklands.
Or anything to do with German Nazism in World War Two.

Many many Serbians were slaughtered in the concentration camps in WW2 you'd think with that history, two Serbians would be more sensitive to the issue at hand.

Sure as fuck fire there'd be other groups of people kicking up much more of a fuss than a letter and a few posts on a forum it other slogans or symbols from history were used by somebody.

IamJedi said:
MSP said:

+1
I'm from Prijedor as well and that slogan brought back some really bad memories of drunk chetniks being "patriotic" against helpless civilians. Kolarov and Nastasic really stained what was otherwise a great day for me as a City fan. They should be sanctioned under the same criteria as Anelka and/or Simunic.

pogrom92 said:
IamJedi said:
MSP said:

+1
I'm from Prijedor as well and that slogan brought back some really bad memories of drunk chetniks being "patriotic" against helpless civilians. Kolarov and Nastasic really stained what was otherwise a great day for me as a City fan. They should be sanctioned under the same criteria as Anelka and/or Simunic.

Don´t get me wrong, I was very proud to see Dzeko, Aleks, Matija, Stevan and Stefan Savic when he was City player, to get along, because as bad as past was, we need to move forward. I saw them having this great relationship and watch each others back, but this shirt thing brought back same feeling as I had in 1992. Friends turning on each other, killings, rapes, concentration camps and so on. I know it sounds crazy but this should have never happened. I love my country as do Matija and Aleks, I am sure of it, but to have that text written on white shirt on that kind of day is beyond me. I know the history, and when Red Star players used it, but after that, that slogan was used only to promote greater Serbia and hater towards other people from Balkans that were not Serbs. I feel like I am spamming here but I just wish they would know that they have offended some people with their slogan and at least they should apologize and never do it again.

TOGETHER MCFC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.