Kolarov and Nastasic

Dubai Blue said:
BosnianDiamond said:
Dubai Blue said:
No doubt he is. But what do the people who wrote this letter want to actually happen?

They shouldn't have been wearing their own t-shirts full-stop, and they certainly shouldn't have been wearing ones that may potentially be construed in such a negative way. The idiocy of some footballers will never cease to amaze me.

But BD will get over it because, at the end of the day, it's just a stupid slogan on a stupid t-shirt; it's not going to keep him up at night in a blind rage.
I have gotten over worse things, but the point is that I don't want to deal with these mixed feelings on a day when I was celebrating the victory. I have no problem if they want to wear their national flag but these t-shirts showed that they are a bunch of idiots who clearly don't know, don't care, or worse, support what those slogans truly represented in the 1990s. Imean, they seemed to really take their time making the t-shirts so it wasn't like an accidental mistake.
I can understand why you feel that way. The letter in the OP makes some very strong personal assumptions about the pair (particularly paragraph 3), but is there any evidence other than a poorly conceived t-shirt that they are actually rabid ultra-nationalists who support rape and genocide? I'd have thought the subject matter might have cropped up once or twice in the past if they did indeed hold such extremist views.

Without any other evidence to go off, I'd prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt over this particular incident and put it down to stupidity and a general lack of self-awareness. It wouldn't be the first time a footballer has done something without first engaging his brain.

This is just the same as "ANELKA" situation. It has no business on a football pitch or on football grounds. Those who are offended, will come from that region and understandably so. Neutrals will take it with mixed opinions just as they did with the Anelka idiocy.

Zizi4City said:
No issue here. Same photo of Balkan Boys was posted on the Manchester City Balkan Fans face book page.
It has nothing to do with politics in this case. The slogan was used by the Red Star fans when they played for Club World Champion in Tokyo.

2vblnx0.png

https://hr-hr.facebook.com/mcfc.balkan

Dubai Blue said:
BosnianDiamond said:
Dubai Blue said:
No doubt he is. But what do the people who wrote this letter want to actually happen?

They shouldn't have been wearing their own t-shirts full-stop, and they certainly shouldn't have been wearing ones that may potentially be construed in such a negative way. The idiocy of some footballers will never cease to amaze me.

But BD will get over it because, at the end of the day, it's just a stupid slogan on a stupid t-shirt; it's not going to keep him up at night in a blind rage.
I have gotten over worse things, but the point is that I don't want to deal with these mixed feelings on a day when I was celebrating the victory. I have no problem if they want to wear their national flag but these t-shirts showed that they are a bunch of idiots who clearly don't know, don't care, or worse, support what those slogans truly represented in the 1990s. Imean, they seemed to really take their time making the t-shirts so it wasn't like an accidental mistake.
I can understand why you feel that way. The letter in the OP makes some very strong personal assumptions about the pair (particularly paragraph 3), but is there any evidence other than a poorly conceived t-shirt that they are actually rabid ultra-nationalists who support rape and genocide? I'd have thought the subject matter might have cropped up once or twice in the past if they did indeed hold such extremist views.

Without any other evidence to go off, I'd prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt over this particular incident and put it down to stupidity and a general lack of self-awareness. It wouldn't be the first time a footballer has done something without first engaging his brain.

The exact moment I read that t-shirt I thought "oh shit, this is not gonna end good !" Totally unnecessary, stupid and wrong.

"Edin didn't care / they are best friends" - what was he supposed to do? Start the fistfight? Rip their shirts off and spoil team's celebrations? I am 100% sure he didn't like what he read but he went on with celebrations and acted as a true professional.

It's simple really - there is no place for politics and racism in sports. As OP said in the letter, FIFA is punishing Croatian player for nationalistic remark. MCFC should investigate this incident as well and act accordingly.

We don't expect everybody to understand it. But the nationalistic mentality that is portrayed in that quote on the shirts is the exact reason why I, along with hundreds of thousands of Bosnians across the world, had to leave our homes and become refugees/immigrants.

mcfc_nyc said:
Dubai Blue said:
BosnianDiamond said:

The exact moment I read that t-shirt I thought "oh shit, this is not gonna end good !" Totally unnecessary, stupid and wrong.

"Edin didn't care / they are best friends" - what was he supposed to do? Start the fistfight? Rip their shirts off and spoil team's celebrations? I am 100% sure he didn't like what he read but he went on with celebrations and acted as a true professional.

It's simple really - there is no place for politics and racism in sports. As OP said in the letter, FIFA is punishing Croatian player for nationalistic remark. MCFC should investigate this incident as well and act accordingly.

We don't expect everybody to understand it. But the nationalistic mentality that is portrayed in that quote on the shirts is the exact reason why I, along with hundreds of thousands of Bosnians across the world, had to leave our homes and become refugees/immigrants.

I agree 100% but I don't believe they had bad intentions. They probably think there is nothing wrong with slogan which is totally stupid.

Zizi4City said:
mcfc_nyc said:
Dubai Blue said:

I agree 100% but I don't believe they had bad intentions. They probably think there is nothing wrong with slogan which is totally stupid.

Stupidity must have its consequences.

mcfc_nyc said:

Exactly, Simunic's remark "For the homeland" on surface doesn't look bad, but it was a slogan that was used by the NDH puppet Nazi regime while murdering hundreds of thousands of people.

I think Ibisevic would have reacted
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10921287/nothing-stay-buried-bosnia-herzegovina-forward-vedad-ibisevic-returns-homeland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... s-homeland</a>

Asked a Serb on another forum what his take on it was and he said its more a Red Star Belgrade thing than a nationalist thing, due to them playing in tokyo in the intercontinental cup as mentioned previously. He said a Partizan fan for example would never chant that slogan, nationalistic or not, and with Kolarov being a red star academy player, he and Nastasic probably support them. He said its in no way on a par with 'Za Dom' which is the Serb equivalent of Sieg Heil.

It was stupid thing that didn't went well with non-Serbs on Balkan, Bosnians specially (I wasn't full of joy to see it, to put it softly) though I view it more as a banter. Both of them are very good mates with Edin and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do it on other purposes.

Anyway, I can't stand national flags and stuff on players after winning things with club. What the fuck Bosnian, Serbian and any other flag has to do with MCFC winning the title. Fuck that opportunistic nationalistic shit. I wasn't really impressed too when Dzeko was screaming "Volim te Bosno / I love you Bosnia" when he went from dressing room after QPR match. It reminds me on politicians and their use of patriotic bullshit to gain sympathies at home.

And it's even worse when two of them were the only ones not wearing City shirts, can't see how club allowed it.

Well, haven't loss much sleep over it to be honest.. Serbia like Nokia sounds much better anyway :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.