Kolarov and Nastasic

Those who attribute this to Red Star Belgrade players and supporters need to mention that it was used in 1991, during the breakup of Yugoslavia and the war in Croatia was already starting. Serbia was controlled by Milosevic. This slogan was used to promote formation of greater Serbia at the expense of its neighbors.

IamJedi said:
Don´t get me wrong, I was very proud to see Dzeko, Aleks, Matija, Stevan and Stefan Savic when he was City player, to get along, because as bad as past was, we need to move forward. I saw them having this great relationship and watch each others back, but this shirt thing brought back same feeling as I had in 1992. Friends turning on each other, killings, rapes, concentration camps and so on. I know it sounds crazy but this should have never happened. I love my country as do Matija and Aleks, I am sure of it, but to have that text written on white shirt on that kind of day is beyond me. I know the history, and when Red Star players used it, but after that, that slogan was used only to promote greater Serbia and hater towards other people from Balkans that were not Serbs. I feel like I am spamming here but I just wish they would know that they have offended some people with their slogan and at least they should apologize and never do it again.

TOGETHER MCFC

Agree 100%...

To those Blues that still believe this is some benign slogan from Red Star supporters, please understand that their leader, "Arkan" (<- Wiki entry for his early role in wars) became notorious leader of paramilitary group that consisted of many of those hardcore football supporters that went to killing, raping and looting rampage throughout Croatia and Bosnia. Only in my town Bijeljina they "cleansed" city and killed dozens innocent people in a matter of few days.

Anytime I saw our Balkan boys together having fun and joking around I was absolutely delighted because they set example to others that 90's are behind us (but never forgotten). However that image is stained by stupidity and insensitivity of two of our players and club should absolutely act to punish this behavior and make sure this bullshit would not be tolerated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.