Kolarov - new contract signed (page 17)

Re: Kolarov

FantasyIreland said:
Davs 19 said:
AlloBoi said:
If we can get 15million for him id be tempted.
Half the price of Shaw

Shaws a decent player with a stack of promise but there's a massive difference between being a 'wonder kid' and a seasoned top flight, trophy winner who's one of the first names on the team sheet for his national team.............Micah Richards anyone ?

-- Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:59 pm --

Davs 19 said:
Shaws a decent player with a stack of promise but there's a massive difference between being a 'wonder kid' and a seasoned top flight, trophy winner who's one of the first names on the team sheet for his national team.............Micah Richards anyone ?

Anyone who'd pay £30 mill for a teenage fullback needs to give their head a shake.

If you seriously think kolarov is better than Shaw then you need to take your own advice.

You could say the same about someone who thinks Shaw is twice the player of Kolarov.

FantasyIreland said:
Davs 19 said:
You need to re-read my post.

Please explain then as it still reads the same to me.

Ok , here goes, concentrate now. Shaw is a good player with a lot of talent and promise. There have been many such players over the years, the example I gave being Micah who many thought would be Englands RB for many years to come after his international debut. Kolorov is a player who has played for many seasons at a very high level of the game and is a trophy winner and a seasoned international. The point I was making is that there is a big difference between being a very talented teenager and turning that into a prolonged career at the top level. For what it's worth , I think Shaw will be the real deal but is a way off proving it on a consistent basis and that £30million is a massive amount of money to pay for a teenage fullback.

I hope this clears things up for you, whether you agree or not is entirely your perrogative.

city91 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Davs 19 said:

Anyone who'd pay £30 mill for a teenage fullback needs to give their head a shake.

If you seriously think kolarov is better than Shaw then you need to take your own advice.

You could say the same about someone who thinks Shaw is twice the player of Kolarov.
i never said shaw was twice the player but shaws Value by his club is twice what i would expect someone to pay for Kolarov.
Shaw could give us 10-12 years service if he stays grounded which by the sounds of the lad he does. 30 Million over ten years would be 3 million a year. Is shaw worth 3 million a year? Id say so

I still think we need a more all round left back but It should be Clichy that is to be sold, I loved him for his performances in the title winning season but he has regressed quite significantly in the last year or so and does not suit Pellegrini's style of football at all.

sam-caddick said:
I still think we need a more all round left back but It should be Clichy that is to be sold, I loved him for his performances in the title winning season but he has regressed quite significantly in the last year or so and does not suit Pellegrini's style of football at all.

But were we to sign a more orthodox attacking left-sided midfielder, then the onus would not be so great on Clichy and he would be worth keeping.

Gabriel said:
sam-caddick said:

But were we to sign a more orthodox attacking left-sided midfielder, then the onus would not be so great on Clichy and he would be worth keeping.

I don't rate Clichy at all mate to be honest, his biggest strength is in defense but even that has regressed big time this season and going forward he is very poor.

I think we can sell for a decent price and bring someone without spending loads of money and the position will be improved.

I'd love us to get Coentrao I was disappointed we didn't go for him when the Rags nearly got him especially for 15m definitely wouldn't sell Kolarov over Clichy but sadly I think the board will probably look at the Home Grown status and the fact Clichy is on lower wages. Kolarov is getting better and better both going forward and defensively he rarely shoots from stupid positions any more.

Davs 19 said:
AlloBoi said:
Half the price of Shaw

Davs 19 said:
AlloBoi said:
Half the price of Shaw

Really? A player you could get at least 15 years out of? Look at United they paid daft fees at the time for the likes of Rooney and Ferdinand, they cant say they didn't get moneys worth out of those two.

FantasyIreland said:
Davs 19 said:
AlloBoi said:
Half the price of Shaw

Davs 19 said:

In the league, Kolarov has

1 goal
6 assists
80.8% passing accuracy

Shaw has,

0 goal
1 assits
78.6% passing accuracy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.