Kolarov - new contract signed (page 17)

Re: Kolarov

ell said:
Davs 19 said:
AlloBoi said:
If we can get 15million for him id be tempted.
Half the price of Shaw

Shaws a decent player with a stack of promise but there's a massive difference between being a 'wonder kid' and a seasoned top flight, trophy winner who's one of the first names on the team sheet for his national team.............Micah Richards anyone ?

-- Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:59 pm --

Davs 19 said:
Shaws a decent player with a stack of promise but there's a massive difference between being a 'wonder kid' and a seasoned top flight, trophy winner who's one of the first names on the team sheet for his national team.............Micah Richards anyone ?

Anyone who'd pay £30 mill for a teenage fullback needs to give their head a shake.

Really? A player you could get at least 15 years out of? Look at United they paid daft fees at the time for the likes of Rooney and Ferdinand, they cant say they didn't get moneys worth out of those two.

Keep up and read my last post ;.)

sam-caddick said:
Gabriel said:
sam-caddick said:
I still think we need a more all round left back but It should be Clichy that is to be sold, I loved him for his performances in the title winning season but he has regressed quite significantly in the last year or so and does not suit Pellegrini's style of football at all.

But were we to sign a more orthodox attacking left-sided midfielder, then the onus would not be so great on Clichy and he would be worth keeping.

I don't rate Clichy at all mate to be honest, his biggest strength is in defense but even that has regressed big time this season and going forward he is very poor.

I think we can sell for a decent price and bring someone without spending loads of money and the position will be improved.

I can understand the sentiment, but I think Clichy suffered a bit from being burnt out in last year's campaign. Mancini ploughed Clichy and Zabaleta into the ground (Richards unfit/Kolarov unfancied), and I'm not surprised that Gael's form has slipped. I think next year we will see both left backs at their best, as they've been well harnessed by Pellegrini, but right back and left wing should be two areas of concern.

Both of our left backs are seriously underrated by many posters.

We see lots of worship for Leighton Baines but I just see a defender who can't tackle properly and is often out of position.

Luke Shaw does look the real deal but then so did Wayne Bridge when he broke into the England set up from Southampton.

I don't want to see Kolorov or Clichy go anywhere.

ifiwasarichfan said:

We see lots of worship for Leighton Baines but I just see a defender who can't tackle properly and is often out of position.

Luke Shaw does look the real deal but then so did Wayne Bridge when he broke into the England set up from Southampton.

absolutely…we only have to strengthen in 2 areas centre half and right back,clichy n kolarov are the best left back duo in the prem…..why spend £30m on shaw???

ifiwasarichfan said:

Yep, I'm with this guy. Feel like people forget how much of a gamble a new player acquisition is, no matter who, no matter what. Kolarov settling, Clichy capable of better and could be worse... if we can only improve on a handful of positions I don't want to waste it on LB. And if LB is our weakest link in the chain without changes next season, I love our odds.

I like Luke Shaw's chances of succeeding in this league. I don't like them so much that I want us to waste our FFP deficit and sacrifice one of our serviceable LB's in the process.

Gianluca Di Marzio @DiMarzio · 5h
Juve, primo incontro per Kolarov. E ora il summit con Conte… http://fb.me/6PVTVbVsu

David Amoyal @DavidAmoyal · 5h
Juve pursues Kolarov while getting ready to meet with Conte http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciome ... ith-conte/

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/juve-pursues-kolarov-while-getting-ready-to-meet-with-conte/

Juve pursues Kolarov while getting ready to meet with Conte

The Westin Palace Hotel in Milano is where Thohir usually meets with Moratti, this is the place where Juve had a meeting for Kolarov. It’s all confirmed, yesterday Marotta and Paratici met with agent Sergio Berti. Between a coffee, a few cookies they discussed the future of the former Lazio wing back, who only has one year left on his deal, he is currently deciding if he wants to accept an extension from Manchester City. Juventus is monitoring situation, they know Kolarov has a high salary, too much for them: 3.5 million euro net plus bonuses. More than double what Asamoah earns, who is playing very well on the left flank. The eventual offer from Juve would be low, but a clearly a longer deal than what Kolarov has left at City, likely 2.5 million a season for three years, maybe with an option for a fourth,

They will chat again in a few days, since Kolarov wants to remain focused on winning the Premier League, he will then have to decide if he wants to return to Italy or not, he is also being pursued by Sabatini (who brought him to Lazio), but certainly not at the wages he earns in England. And what about Cerci who is also represented by Berti? There are no signals of an interest from Juve. It’s Conte who has other ideas for the offensive winger (Nani, Cuadrado, but especially Sanchez), Conte will also meet with Juve’s directors tomorrow, they want to keep him and don’t even want to think of a replacement, at least until the day of truth.

via Di Marzio.

If Di Marzio is saying something then it is likely that Juve are interested.

In my opinion Clichy should the left back sold, he has diminished and does not look right in Pellegrini's system, he won't leave though because of our homgrown quota.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.