Kolarov over Clichy?

I would play Zaba before both of them but i have no real concerns who plays left back.Full back position has got to the stage where it is our strongest and no matter who plays out of Richards,Zaba,Clichy and Kolarov i have no real concerns.
It makes the change at half time to move Milner at right back a weird one though on Saturday.

Kolorov made 16 crosses on Saturday, 11 of them didn't beat the first man. Also it's worth noting that 2 of their 3 goals came down our left hand side.

Clichy needs to start every game!!!

nevilletogoater-in said:
Kolorov made 16 crosses on Saturday, 11 of them didn't beat the first man. Also it's worth noting that 2 of their 3 goals came down our left hand side.

Clichy needs to start every game!!!

Kolarov as usual was our main attacking threats from set pieces, put a free header on Marios head and scored himself. That is 4 goals and eight assists from memory now for the season. A fantastic record.

Your point about being down his side is pointless unless he is culpable.

The second goal was a quick free kick taken by Sunderland, Silva was infield as usual leaving Kolarov alone with Yaya coming across. Yaya went to the man with kolarov holding back to mark the man outside of him, Yaya got beaten by the player with the Sunderland man putting the ball in before Kolarov reached him.

Fo the third a number of players were culpable. Mario lost it in midfield, there was no pressure on the Seessegnon from De jong allowing the pass to be threaded through. Komapny inexplicably tried to push out being caught between playing offside and closing down the man, allowing the Sunderland man to run through. At that stage Kolarov and Toure were left in a mess. Arguably better communication would have prevented Toure neither coming to the ball or being tight of his man,but without being on the field of play it is impossible to suggest who was at fault. However in general footballers when a player is running wide, defenders protect the central positions particularly when support is close at hand.

One of the main issues with the left flank is the role of Silva. Who likes to come inside and roam from left to right leaving the whole flank exposed, with only Kolarov in attendance. Hence the reason De jong was playing to offer additional cover. Unfortunately not just on that flank the nature of the game led to us being continually stretched all over the pitch

If we get Lescott and Kompany back together I'd opt for Kolarov for the rest of the season as I think Lescott covers that side of the pitch better when our left back is caught out upfield.
I really think goals like that 3rd goal on staurday would have been and have been prevented with Lescott there and there's no doubt Kolarov gets forward better than Clichy and he is probably our best crosser from that side of the pitch if not at all.
The more you look at it with the disruption to our back four with bans and injuries since the new year mainly Kompany and Lescott being out makes you think how much it might have contributed to our downfall in form and results.

If at all possible a clone of the two would be perfect.

kolarov for me.
as for him being at fault for the third id look more at k toure he shud have marked his man as kolarov or hart would have closed down the attacker who was clear on goal.

shootmeifipost10k said:
If we get Lescott and Kompany back together I'd opt for Kolarov for the rest of the season as I think Lescott covers that side of the pitch better when our left back is caught out upfield.
I really think goals like that 3rd goal on staurday would have been and have been prevented with Lescott there and there's no doubt Kolarov gets forward better than Clichy and he is probably our best crosser from that side of the pitch if not at all.
The more you look at it with the disruption to our back four with bans and injuries since the new year mainly Kompany and Lescott being out makes you think how much it might have contributed to our downfall in form and results.

If at all possible a clone of the two would be perfect.

That is an excellent point. Lescott is much more comfortable defending on that side than Toure or Kompany and offers much more assistance to the left back. Kompany pushing out and leaving the runner was the main cause of that goal, the decision was inexplicable as he was unable to play off side or put pressure on the player. Too easy just to say its from the left must be Kolarovs fault, There are wider factors in play, the role of Silva and as you have pointed out also the left sided centre half not being available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.