Kolarov over Clichy?

nevilletogoater-in said:
A combination of Kolorov's poor positional sense, poor defensive ability and our manager is the reason why we are constantly left exposed down our left. I just down think that Kolorov offers enough going forward to make up for being a shit defender.

For me he's got to be one of the first out of the door come summer. A massive waste of £18m and up there with the likes of RSC & Jo.

This, this, and this again. Kolarov is gash, he is a liability, and the fact that he scores the odd goal doesn`t make up for his defensive inadequacies.
Gael Clichy is Mr Dependable and never lets us down. At this stage of the season, and only playing one game a week you have to turn out your strongest XI when available. If you watch the Sunderland game you`ll see that they targetted our left back position getting in behind Kolarov with ease.
And, on a side note, if you play this idiot, then Mancini seems forced into playing the crab (De Jong) to try and help Kolarov. This also causes problems, especially at home as he just manages to slow the game down with his inability to play a forward pass.
So, for me it`s Clichy over Kolarov, and Barry over De Jong everyday of the week.

zandvoort blue said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
A combination of Kolorov's poor positional sense, poor defensive ability and our manager is the reason why we are constantly left exposed down our left. I just down think that Kolorov offers enough going forward to make up for being a shit defender.

For me he's got to be one of the first out of the door come summer. A massive waste of £18m and up there with the likes of RSC & Jo.

This, this, and this again. Kolarov is gash, he is a liability, and the fact that he scores the odd goal doesn`t make up for his defensive inadequacies.
Gael Clichy is Mr Dependable and never lets us down. At this stage of the season, and only playing one game a week you have to turn out your strongest XI when available. If you watch the Sunderland game you`ll see that they targetted our left back position getting in behind Kolarov with ease.
And, on a side note, if you play this idiot, then Mancini seems forced into playing the crab (De Jong) to try and help Kolarov. This also causes problems, especially at home as he just manages to slow the game down with his inability to play a forward pass.
So, for me it`s Clichy over Kolarov, and Barry over De Jong everyday of the week.

Gash? Great support that....Your support is fucking gash mate...nowt else. He may not be the greatest defender in the world,but he is a blue and you should support him..Have an opinion but to say he is just gash is total shite...Did you not cheer when he scored the second against the rags or the equaliser on Saturday...?

zandvoort blue said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

Gael Clichy is Mr Dependable and never lets us down. At this stage of the season, and only playing one game a week you have to turn out your strongest XI when available. If you watch the Sundderland game you`ll see that they targetted our left back position getting in behind Kolarov with ease.

Why is it necccessary to call a City player an idiot?

I watched the Sunderland game and they attacked us all over the park. With Sessegnon dropping off the the centre halves into the pocket of space between the midfield and defenders. De jong struggled to cope but in fairness he had little help around him, particularly when we were chasing the game.

Like I said earlier the left side of our team is a problem due to the role of Silva. But in isolation it is simplistic to blame Kolarov.

franksinatra said:
zandvoort blue said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

Gael Clichy is Mr Dependable and never lets us down. At this stage of the season, and only playing one game a week you have to turn out your strongest XI when available. If you watch the Sundderland game you`ll see that they targetted our left back position getting in behind Kolarov with ease.

Why is it necccessary to call a City player an idiot?

I watched the Sunderland game and they attacked us all over the park. With Sessegnon dropping off the the centre halves into the pocket of space between the midfield and defenders. De jong struggled to cope but in fairness he had little help around him, particularly when we were chasing the game.

Like I said earlier the left side of our team is a problem due to the role of Silva. But in isolation it is simplistic to blame Kolarov.

because he doesn't look at the bigger picture and takes great delight in blaming one player for our recent woes.VK has made mistakes , so has Micah,Clichy,Kolo but he is another one who is blinkered to this.Fucking can't abide so called fans like this.Wish they would just Foxtrot Oscar and carry on watching behind there keyboards

very difficult desicion to make probably gives RM a good headache.

Clichy edges it for me he can beat a player and offers a good cross but Kolarov's FK is miles better than Clichy's. But Kolarov struggles to beat a player and must of his runs end in a goal kick to the opposition.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
zandvoort blue said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

Gash? Great support that....Your support is fucking gash mate...nowt else. He may not be the greatest defender in the world,but he is a blue and you should support him..Have an opinion but to say he is just gash is total shite...Did you not cheer when he scored the second against the rags or the equaliser on Saturday...?

Gash is probably the wrong word as gash is.......removed so not to offend female readers....
Considering we are in the top league this guy would probably struggle to get in a Frank Clarke team. He`s possibly one of the worst defenders I`ve witnessed at City whilst playing in the top league. His positional sense, pace (or lack of it), and sense of urgency is worrying.
And, I`m not prepared to go down the.... "my support is fucking gash road"......those that know me don`t doubt my support, the number of airmiles accumulated, and the 70 odd away grounds watching City points to my commitment.
Also, I did cheer when he scored on saturday, and then we all laughed together as our goals were scored by possibly our worst performers on the day.

ps do/did you cheer Tevez upon his return? I did, because he wears the "shirt".

And not watching from behind my keyboard....and didn`t just blame Kolorav, get your facts right

zandvoort blue said:
zandvoort blue said:

Gash is probably the wrong word as gash is.......removed so not to offend female readers....
Considering we are in the top league this guy would probably struggle to get in a Frank Clarke team. He`s possibly one of the worst defenders I`ve witnessed at City whilst playing in the top league. His positional sense, pace (or lack of it), and sense of urgency is worrying.
And, I`m not prepared to go down the.... "my support is fucking gash road"......those that know me don`t doubt my support, the number of airmiles accumulated, and the 70 odd away grounds watching City points to my commitment.
Also, I did cheer when he scored on saturday, and then we all laughed together as our goals were scored by possibly our worst performers on the day.

I certainly did.Don't care what he did.I'd have him in over Mario anyday.Not that I don't like Mario it is just that I think Tevez is the better option. And calling a player gash is not supporting your team. He was no worse than any of the other 10 players in the team on Saturday but you single him out. Just dont get it

zandvoort blue said:
zandvoort blue said:

And not watching from behind my keyboard....and didn`t just blame Kolorav, get your facts right

Stuggle to get in A frank Clark team. One of the worst defenders I have seen in the top league.

Do you really believe that or is it an attempt to give your point more validity?

You also said the two goals were his fault, can you explain why a quick free kick taken to a player who then runs past Yaya Toure and crosses it for a striker who beats our defece in the air is Kolarovs fault?

You have already made your mind up who to blame and your best justification is it was from his side. For some reason you just want to blame Kolarov, I dont understand it to be honest... but each to their own.

zandvoort blue said:

I certainly did.Don't care what he did.I'd have him in over Mario anyday.Not that I don't like Mario it is just that I think Tevez is the better option. And calling a player gash is not supporting your team. He was no worse than any of the other 10 players in the team on Saturday but you single him out. Just dont get it

I didn`t single him out, playing Kolarov means Mancini is obliged to play De Jong. We have now moved on from De Jong and his negativity hinders our home performances. And as I stated our worst performers scored, yes that`s the myth (at times) that is Mario.
I don`t watch from behind the keyboard as stated, I`ve spent vast sums of money over the years watching City home and away, and now pay for the youngest to go to all the aways with me, whilst not having a megabucks paid job.
Perhaps my opinion of Kolarov is blinkered as I believe a full back is there first and foremost to defend. I fear everytime I see his name on the teamsheet, just as much as the opposition manager must be rubbing his hands together. For this reason Clichy must play every week.

But we`ll beg to differ over Kolarov, I just hope he goes in the summer, or Mancini tries to solve the problem of counteracting with his failures with the correct mix of midfielders/or tactical play.

ps was he right to take the ball off Mario for the free kick? I would have preferred Mario, as a right footer to have taken the free kick.

franksinatra said:
zandvoort blue said:

Stuggle to get in A frank Clark team. One of the worst defenders I have seen in the top league.

Do you really believe that or is it an attempt to give your point more validity?

You also said the two goals were his fault, can you explain why a quick free kick taken to a player who then runs past Yaya Toure and crosses it for a striker who beats our defece in the air is Kolarovs fault?

You have already made your mind up who to blame and your best justification is it was from his side. For some reason you just want to blame Kolarov, I dont understand it to be honest... but each to their own.
1 i didn`t blme him for 2 goals, did I? You`ll find that was another poster.
2 Not the worst defender in the top league, one of the worst MCFC defenders I`ve seen in the top league (HE CAN NOT DEFEND). There is a difference.
Perhaps I`ve been spoilt over the years by remembering the good left backs in the likes of Paul Power and Andy Hinchcliffe and forgetting the dross such as Frontzeck.

If there`s a chance of Mancini sorting out the problem with him in the team at left back good luck to him. But we are now at a level where we can not accomodate a defender just because they take a good free kick.

But as they say opinions are just like arseholes, we all have one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.