Kolarov over Clichy?

[
Fat Chance said:
franksinatra said:
Two things are measureable goals and assists. Kolarov wins hands down in both.

Kolarov dodgin out of the path of a centred ball (that led to a goal conceeded) is hard to forget, & i dont mean turning his back. Clichys 3 x's the player.

Again in no relation to the quote or accompanying comment. Three times the player please explain how this was worked out statistically are is it another throwaway comment to slag off a player[/quote]

no relation you say...thier both fullbacks and one dodges out of the way of a centred ball....fullback....centred ball.....not difficult.

Kolarovs excused at being caught out of position, with Silva moving inside.....just when Clichy gets caught out you might well see him road-runnerin it down the flank like the odd lot are after him. Thats two x's better....errrrr what should we have number three....moves breaking down for whatever reason when he's in the plot, in fact unless he's in a great deal of space to whip a spectacular cross to no one then he's worth even monies the play will fuck up....whether thats poor control/caught nappin or passing to a position his teammate was stood in 4 seconds earlier when giving him the eye eye.....with the ball rolling on it's lonesome out of play 'well Brill'.

Unfortunately, non of them is good ENOUGH so far.

Kolarov have improved this year, and hopefully he will justify his price tag soon.

Isn't it just woeful, that we are even considering keeping players like Kolarov NEXT Season???!!!! God that's depressing.

ell said:
franksinatra said:
ell said:
No thanks, cost us another 2 goals on saturday. And yeah he scored one but he costs more than he scores

No basis for that statement. Watch the goals again, not in a million years his fault
The 3rd was the most glaring not sure how you have missed that one. The second a typical trait of Kolarov to let them cross the ball in
Sorry eli but you can't blame Kolarov for any of the goals. The idea that he should shut out every cross is silly. Micah had time to compete for that and failed. Goal 2 is at best on Micah. Goal three was Kompany's fault. He made a silly decision to run at the guy with the ball in open space. In the process leaving his man alone.

Kolo who was on the guy who crossed, was then forced to make a choice between following his man or staying in the middle and trying to cover the danger on Kompany's man. He made the right decision and stayed in the middle to cover komps guy. But he hesitated coz of fear that Kolarov wasn't gonna be able to get to his original man, who had peeled wide right to recieve the pass, so he tried to cheat. I.e. run in between the 2 and make a decision as late as possible. When he did he was too late.

That was an amateur error on Kompany's part. He had no reason to go charging up field on a play so open. When you are outnumbered, you retreat towards the center and try to force the play wide. This is elementary defensive tactics. Someone of Kompany's quality and experienced shouldn't be caught doing what he did. That was on Komps.

The first goal was just good football on Sunderland's part. Nige's movement in the sequence wasn't great, neither was Yaya's, but by and large that was a calm and excellent take by the player who scored.

I dunno how I feel about AK.
At times I've saw him whip in a fantastic ball(like Yaya V QPR)

However I've saw him let Valencia cross for Rooney and dive in V N'zogbia, if I had the choice Kolarov out, Alba in.

franksinatra said:
I think youre correct Clichy has far exceeded expectations and proven a fantastic addition to the team. However where I disagree is that Kolarov is not a vital part of that team. 4 goals and 8 assists highlight his effectiveness, so arther than it be 'Hollywood' it has proven very effective.

The shooting was probably an issue last year but this year it has been a lot less frequent. What I dont understand about the Kolarov critics is the basis for criticism..Clichy is ten times better at everything, embarrassed if I had seen it at U15 level. It is just emotive rubbish.

We had the best defence in the leaguelast year with him in the side. This year fans have been bemoaning the lack of crosses for Dzeko and the lack of width in the team....Kolarov provides that.

Yes we were top scorers with Clichy at left back, but that was a long time ago. We are now facing different problems and challenges on the pitch. Teams defending deeply, Silva's lack of form, injury to Aguero, meaning Dzeko is likely to start over the next couple of games.

The issue of him being caught out of position is a complex one. Silva always drifts inside leaving that flank exposed on a regular basis. However the expectation is for Kolarov to get forward,because as you point out that is his strength and why he is in the team. Unfortunatley when a move breaks down of the defence mid doesn't cover there is a problem. But to blame Kolarov is just so simplistic

Yeah but you surely have to understand that to accomodate Kolarov's adventures forward you have to play a more defensive central midfield pair and that unbalances our team. It's easy to say the "Hollywood" style passing and shooting has been very effective and it's easy to show stats to try and prove yourself correct but how many times does he lose possession and put the team in a vulnerable position to get hit on the break? Everyone has their own personal opinions and preferences but to me Kolarov's just too much of a liability and Clichy allows our midfield more freedom because his pace and defensive ability.

fatbloke said:
franksinatra said:
I think youre correct Clichy has far exceeded expectations and proven a fantastic addition to the team. However where I disagree is that Kolarov is not a vital part of that team. 4 goals and 8 assists highlight his effectiveness, so arther than it be 'Hollywood' it has proven very effective.

The shooting was probably an issue last year but this year it has been a lot less frequent. What I dont understand about the Kolarov critics is the basis for criticism..Clichy is ten times better at everything, embarrassed if I had seen it at U15 level. It is just emotive rubbish.

We had the best defence in the leaguelast year with him in the side. This year fans have been bemoaning the lack of crosses for Dzeko and the lack of width in the team....Kolarov provides that.

Yes we were top scorers with Clichy at left back, but that was a long time ago. We are now facing different problems and challenges on the pitch. Teams defending deeply, Silva's lack of form, injury to Aguero, meaning Dzeko is likely to start over the next couple of games.

The issue of him being caught out of position is a complex one. Silva always drifts inside leaving that flank exposed on a regular basis. However the expectation is for Kolarov to get forward,because as you point out that is his strength and why he is in the team. Unfortunatley when a move breaks down of the defence mid doesn't cover there is a problem. But to blame Kolarov is just so simplistic

Yeah but you surely have to understand that to accomodate Kolarov's adventures forward you have to play a more defensive central midfield pair and that unbalances our team. It's easy to say the "Hollywood" style passing and shooting has been very effective and it's easy to show stats to try and prove yourself correct but how many times does he lose possession and put the team in a vulnerable position to get hit on the break? Everyone has their own personal opinions and preferences but to me Kolarov's just too much of a liability and Clichy allows our midfield more freedom because his pace and defensive ability.

No issue with having opinion. I must admit Im not sure he loses that often and I agree stats can tell a hundred different stories.

Like you say it is about preferences. I am a big fan of both Clichy and Kolarov. Clichy because he is defensivly better and is rapid up and down the flank. Kolarov because at times the team plays very passively side to side. Kolarov is like an adrenalin injection at times and is prepared to take responsibility even if it is met by the groans of the crowd.

A case in point is Zabba, love the guy to bits but whenever he gets into a forward position he flights/chips the ball into the box with little pace on the ball preventiong the striker getting power in the header and easier for the defender to deal with it. But he rarley gets criticsed for his crosses because he plays percentages without taking the neccessary responsibility.

Kolarov smashes it across the face with power, many times the cross fails, but when successful as highlighted by the stats it is effective. It has been discussed at length on this forum we have little width in the team, rightly or wrongly Kolarov is the only one who provides it.

No, Clichy should never be dropped in my opinion, I'm sick of people going on about Kolarov's attacking threat, if that's the case start using him as a winger because I find it fucking appalling that we finally find a solution to the LB problem in Clichy and Mancini uses his rotation policy wrongly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.