Kolarov over Clichy?

greasedupdeafguy said:
clichy is 10 times better than kolarov in every way. Why clichy doesn't start every game is a mystery to me.

Totally agree. Too much rotation this year. If your best players are fit, play them. If at some point later on in the season they start getting tired, then rest them, don't swap your defence almost every game. Call it rotation all you like, but it hugely affects a players morale if they are rotated. To them, they are dropped.

Clichy, i think, has had a very good season, and like i said before, i'm not sure Kolorov has a position...?

greasedupdeafguy said:
clichy is 10 times better than kolarov in every way. Why clichy doesn't start every game is a mystery to me.

Two things are measureable goals and assists. Kolarov wins hands down in both.

franksinatra said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Let's just forget about defending then, should we!

I think we should use AK as a left-sided AM (makes a lot more sense than sticking AJ out on the right!)

Clichy adds so much more solidarity to our team. He's lightening quick, reads the game fantastically, intercepts possession so often and his tackling one v one is immense. I was a bit sceptical when we signed him and the reviews off genuine Arsenal fans were mixed but he's been right up there with Lescott as our most consistant defender this season. When he gets the ball he's very comfortable in possession and never looks flustered, his passing is neat and tidy and he keeps the ball moving.

Kolarov is the exact opposite of Clichy. He's slow, gets caught out of position so often and so badly I would be embarrassed if I saw it in an U15's game and I've never seen a fullback beaten so easily in one v one situations. People take about his attacking abilities and rightly so but it depends what you want, personally I think the "Hollywood" style of passing and shooting is a joke from a professional player. It works occasionally but it nowhere near makes up for the goals we concede due to his pathetic defensive work and positioning.

Clichy every single time, his lack of crossing ability didn't hold us back or stop us being the highest scoring team in European football earlier in the season did it.

fatbloke said:
Clichy adds so much more solidarity to our team. He's lightening quick, reads the game fantastically, intercepts possession so often and his tackling one v one is immense. I was a bit sceptical when we signed him and the reviews off genuine Arsenal fans were mixed but he's been right up there with Lescott as our most consistant defender this season. When he gets the ball he's very comfortable in possession and never looks flustered, his passing is neat and tidy and he keeps the ball moving.

Kolarov is the exact opposite of Clichy. He's slow, gets caught out of position so often and so badly I would be embarrassed if I saw it in an U15's game and I've never seen a fullback beaten so easily in one v one situations. People take about his attacking abilities and rightly so but it depends what you want, personally I think the "Hollywood" style of passing and shooting is a joke from a professional player. It works occasionally but it nowhere near makes up for the goals we concede due to his pathetic defensive work and positioning.

Clichy every single time, his lack of crossing ability didn't hold us back or stop us being the highest scoring team in European football earlier in the season did it.
agree with 100%

franksinatra said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Kolarov dodgin out of the path of a centred ball (that led to a goal conceeded) is hard to forget, & i dont mean turning his back. Clichys 3 x's the player.

bert's broken neck said:
franksinatra said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Let's just forget about defending then, should we!

I think we should use AK as a left-sided AM (makes a lot more sense than sticking AJ out on the right!)

Sorry pal you must be struggling to follow this. My comments were in response to Clichy is 10 times better than Kolarov in every way. I thought by quoting the statement it may have been clear.

Yes defending for a left back is without doubt an important requirement.

fatbloke said:

I think youre correct Clichy has far exceeded expectations and proven a fantastic addition to the team. However where I disagree is that Kolarov is not a vital part of that team. 4 goals and 8 assists highlight his effectiveness, so arther than it be 'Hollywood' it has proven very effective.

The shooting was probably an issue last year but this year it has been a lot less frequent. What I dont understand about the Kolarov critics is the basis for criticism..Clichy is ten times better at everything, embarrassed if I had seen it at U15 level. It is just emotive rubbish.

We had the best defence in the leaguelast year with him in the side. This year fans have been bemoaning the lack of crosses for Dzeko and the lack of width in the team....Kolarov provides that.

Yes we were top scorers with Clichy at left back, but that was a long time ago. We are now facing different problems and challenges on the pitch. Teams defending deeply, Silva's lack of form, injury to Aguero, meaning Dzeko is likely to start over the next couple of games.

The issue of him being caught out of position is a complex one. Silva always drifts inside leaving that flank exposed on a regular basis. However the expectation is for Kolarov to get forward,because as you point out that is his strength and why he is in the team. Unfortunatley when a move breaks down of the defence mid doesn't cover there is a problem. But to blame Kolarov is just so simplistic<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:56 pm --<br /><br />
Fat Chance said:
franksinatra said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Kolarov dodgin out of the path of a centred ball (that led to a goal conceeded) is hard to forget, & i dont mean turning his back. Clichys 3 x's the player.

Again in no relation to the quote or accompanying comment. Three times the player please explain how this was worked out statistically are is it another throwaway comment to slag off a player

I can never understand why Kolorov has so many detractors on here. I rate Clichy as slightly ahead of Kolorov on the whole but the situation we are in now surely must mean that Kolorov plays simply because he is more likely to score or create a Goal than Clichy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.