Kolarov played out of his skin tonight

Marvin

An endless stream of quality crosses, and with a packed defence keeping Silva, Yaya and co out, it was Kolarov's endless stream of crosses which was our cutting edge

Start him and Dzeko, and we will have a way of getting round 10 man deep lying defences.

Aguero got mom and he was sensational for half an hour, but Kolarov deserves credit too.

His crosses are good when you give him a through ball to get behind the defensive line.

This is probably because he can get the ball whizzing across the 6yard box (the corridor of uncertainty) and that is harder to defend, sometimes resulting in own goals.

His crosses tend to be poor when he just hits it as soon as he receives the ball.

Is it absolutely mental to suggest just playing him as a winger to ping in crosses when we really need to? You'd crash the forum counting games the Rags have won by constant crossing pressure nearing the end of games. Chelsea battered the shit out of Napoli with it where we ran into wall after wall in comparison.

That's why I said, we need to put Kolarov through on goal more in the post match thread. This was probably the most we've put Kolarov through this year.

I really didn't fancy Kolarov today, always going for long balls, clumsy tackles and wasteful shots. He won us some corners but it was either him or Savic as the weak link for me tonight. I would like to see him replaced in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.