Kolarov - south stand

The Iceman Cometh said:
ban-mcfc said:
paulchapo said:
Kolarov copped all the shit for what has been an awful week for Blues.Losing the final with an insipid display,losing the manager and then making Norwich look like Brazil.Anger,disappointement,frustration was bubbling below the surface and just about being held in check.

A couple of fans had a pop as he was nowhere near another Norwich Brazilian and him giving it the big one back was the tipping point and opened the floodgates.

Not everyone in the SS was booing him,in fact there was almost some punch up's with people trying to stop it and others wanting to carry on.Booing your own player never helps him or the team but when people get frustrated and pissed off common sense sometimes goes out of the window.

On the subject of the SS since when was it up to us to be everyone's fucking cheerleaders?? I didn't hear much singing anywhere else,only spasmodic.The problem,like others have said,is there are groups singing and trying to get it going and too many miserable buggers stood or sat in stock silence so it gets lost and peters out.The club need to ask those silent men/women if they would like to relocate to where the so called singing section is and move all them into the SS en block and together.Then we may get some reasonable noise going.

i agree with this, the south stand gets shit from others but if you're not in 111/110 then you don't really have a leg to stand on because they are the only blocks who sing more than the south stand.

This is what happened (i'm in 117) although it was more than a couple of fans urging him to get closer to the Norwich player. I seem to remember it hit AK's leg and was cleared. It was then he turned and let aff a venomous volley at the SS, hence the booing, which is appalling, and many did'nt boo or sing Clicheys name afterward. Not a pleasant 5 minutes for sure.
As for the quietness of the SS ... at least we bloody try which is more than can be said for other parts of the ground. I never bloody stop trying to get songs started and get the atmos going, much to the annoyance of the people in front of me ;)
Happy hols blues, can't wait for August!
Let's just draw a line under this now and focus on next season.

Here here.

Cant help thinking it wont end here though as there will be many who didnt see it, hear it, wasnt even there but they will want to throw their hat into the ring.

The Iceman Cometh said:
ban-mcfc said:
paulchapo said:
Kolarov copped all the shit for what has been an awful week for Blues.Losing the final with an insipid display,losing the manager and then making Norwich look like Brazil.Anger,disappointement,frustration was bubbling below the surface and just about being held in check.

A couple of fans had a pop as he was nowhere near another Norwich Brazilian and him giving it the big one back was the tipping point and opened the floodgates.

Not everyone in the SS was booing him,in fact there was almost some punch up's with people trying to stop it and others wanting to carry on.Booing your own player never helps him or the team but when people get frustrated and pissed off common sense sometimes goes out of the window.

On the subject of the SS since when was it up to us to be everyone's fucking cheerleaders?? I didn't hear much singing anywhere else,only spasmodic.The problem,like others have said,is there are groups singing and trying to get it going and too many miserable buggers stood or sat in stock silence so it gets lost and peters out.The club need to ask those silent men/women if they would like to relocate to where the so called singing section is and move all them into the SS en block and together.Then we may get some reasonable noise going.

i agree with this, the south stand gets shit from others but if you're not in 111/110 then you don't really have a leg to stand on because they are the only blocks who sing more than the south stand.

This is what happened (i'm in 117) although it was more than a couple of fans urging him to get closer to the Norwich player. I seem to remember it hit AK's leg and was cleared. It was then he turned and let aff a venomous volley at the SS, hence the booing, which is appalling, and many did'nt boo or sing Clicheys name afterward. Not a pleasant 5 minutes for sure.
As for the quietness of the SS ... at least we bloody try which is more than can be said for other parts of the ground. I never bloody stop trying to get songs started and get the atmos going, much to the annoyance of the people in front of me ;)

Your in the apparent singing section, your meant to be singing. Im not being funny either but this season the north stand at times has made more noise than the south stand.

Not the first time Kolarov has done this. There was another incident earlier in the season with fans in the East Stand Lower - towards the North stand end. Clearly a fan or two said you should be in the team for more than just free kick taking and he took offense.

Poor defender, has little stamina and is always out of position. Has never adapted to the pace of the Prem, plays like he's still in Italy.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
The Iceman Cometh said:
ban-mcfc said:

Your in the apparent singing section, your meant to be singing. Im not being funny either but this season the north stand at times has made more noise than the south stand.

No we're not. We're just the stand behind the goal. In the summer of 2007 the club the singing section to be the corner next to the away fans in the East Stand.

The noise must not travel because those of us at the back of 117-118 all have a good laugh every week.

This thread has been entertaining. People still not quite understanding the reason behind the boo-ing. I stand on the 2nd from back row and it appeared he turned to us and said fuck off, which for me is out of order/the last thing you need to see after the last few weeks. He copped probably more abuse than he deserved but these things happen.

I don't like the way how certain people feel the need to tell other fans how they should support their club. There isn't a rule book.

Also; "we're turning into rags" "must be new fans" etc.

Do united have a reputation for boo-ing? I didn't think they did.

Was everyone holding hands and smiling during 1997-98 at City?

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
The Iceman Cometh said:
ban-mcfc said:

What a load of crap - who says that I am supposed to be the singing section cos I sit in the SS.

liamctid said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
The Iceman Cometh said:

No we're not. We're just the stand behind the goal. In the summer of 2007 the club the singing section to be the corner next to the away fans in the East Stand.

fair enough my apologies, but you are in the section that stands and next to the away fans, which i would have hoped sang a bit more. over the years that section has become quieter, it used to be really loud.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
liamctid said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

fair enough my apologies, but you are in the section that stands and next to the away fans, which i would have hoped sang a bit more. over the years that section has become quieter, it used to be really loud.

People like to stand, it's also the cheapest part of the ground. My sincere apologies for not putting a gun to the head of the other 2,000 people around me.

The Kolarov 'incident' was a none event, he stood off the Norwich player whilst a high majority of the fans urged him to dive in. He still blocked the pass though so in reality he wasn't in the wrong. We were loosing and he showed his frustration, I wouldn't call it venomous but it's safe to say he over reacted but so did the fans. As forgettable as the game itself really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.