Kolarov take a bow.

Played well today, helped of course that very little was asked of him defensively, as AJ went AWOL when the whistle went.

Pleased for the lad. Not been his biggest fan since he arrived, but this season he is definitely starting to win me over.

His balls into box and free kicks have never been in doubt but his defending at times has been woeful. Today though he was immense in all departments.

I only watched the first half before I had to go and he was playing great.

I know deep down clichy is the smarter, better choice but I just love Kolarov and reckon he's my favorite city player.

Re: Is he the same player?

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He had nothing to do defensively and we were totally dominant, so his weaknesses were hidden, apart from one big error. That said, he did very well as he focused on what he's good at- delivery into the box

Happy Gilmore did well today. :)
What it is you say about congratulatory back pats in the cellar?

His lack of pace will stop his from being a top draw left and there was a few times his defensive frailties were show most notably when Sessegnon breezed past him but in these type of matches he is a good player to have I just wonder will he be happy with limited playing time.

Kolarov was outstanding today, best left peg in the league and today he complemented that with work rate and anticipation. More positives too - Micah apparently had more attempts on goal than any other player on the pitch, a superb return. Zabba, well what can you say, an example professional, loves his job and the club. I could go on but I can't be arsed except to say I will now enjoy what's left of the weekend

Best performance in a city shirt. Credit where credit is due a fantastic asset to have with those free kicks but his all over performance was a lot better.

The chance he made for Balo just before Mario was substituted was a fantastic pass. I love watching him bomb forward.

And I haven't seen any statistics, but he's amazingly reliable at getting shots on target from free kicks. Strangely enough I get the feeling his corners aren't quite so reliable though - maybe that's unfair, but I'm not always confident he'll beat the first defender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.