Kolarov take a bow.

He does come in for a lot of stick here and at the games, But much of it is his fault. His positional play has been very poor at times for a defensive player and he has a worrying lack of pace to play at full back.

But fairs fair, He has improved a lot recently and he has always been quality going forward. His timing in challanges has vastly improved (probably learning from Kompany) as has his positioning. Clichy is still my no1 LB, but Aleks makes a great option for the wing.

Equal MOTM for me today alongside Jimmy Milner.

If truth be told, both our left-backs aren't the best at closing down crosses. And this "lack of pace" Kolarov has is complete bull. He just looks slow compared to Clichy. He is no slower than Zabaleta.

That said, Clichy's pace, stamina and defensive capabilities outweigh Kolarocket's technical, strength and height advantages. He is in no way a bad player, Clichy is just better. I have been one of those that has seen Aleks' qualities from the very beginning and stuck with him so his performance today isn't a surprise.

Clichy is the necessity, Kolarov is a luxury.

Waspish. Absolutely spot on ! I was called a joker and all sorts on here ( without any justified response ) the other day for daring to sing Kolarov's praises. Seem like the worm might actually be turning now. Let's just look at the evidence. Kolarov at least 8 goals in just over a season plus numerous assists, e.g. the one today. Clichy ( solid enough defender though he is ) no goals at all and as far as I can remember two assists, one the OG he scored and the other the pass to Aguero at Wolves. Full backs need to do a hell of a lot more than defend nowadays and in that respect Aleks is miles better ! The whole point I was trying to make is llet's get behind every player that pulls on our beloved sky blue and not return to the Richard Edghilll or Nicky Sumerbee days !!

Last season, Clichy was the better left back, so far this season Kolarov looks better. But he must have Barry in there to cover him at all times. Thought he was excellent today and kept AJ and Maclean quiet when they were down his side.

He had a good game today but the fooker can't defend. When he plays he makes me nervous. He needs to improve big time for me to be near Clichy. However, he can hit a free kick.

Long may it continue!

Full-backs for Premiership Champions don't have a a priority to defend, and in our system they usually have the most space and time to exploit during a match (Zabaleta, Richards, Maicon, Clichy). Kolarov is a world-class crosser of the ball and with poachers like Aguero/Tevez/Dzeko/Balotelli to finish them off it's a deadly combo. Not to mention he is basically to free-kicks what Mario is to penalties. Wouldn't have anyone else go near one.

I am not his biggest fan but respect where it is due he was great today.

Captain Oats said:
I rate him, he is an asset to the team, extremely dangerous in dead ball plays, and from the wing. Some very good through balls yesterday too.
This

BillyShears said:
Don't get him to be honest. Decent Serie A player. Nowhere near good enough for our squad.
You get him now. A goal and an assist and could have been a couple more goals from his crosses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.