Kolarov.

ALL our players need a decent and full pre-season together.

From the posts over the last 24 hours Ballotelli has been abused (and in the street), Tevez has faked his injury, Bobby needs to go, Kolorov is gash, boyota is too inexperienced, Dzeko is useless, Micah is suddenly the worlds greatest fullback, Barry is worthless, Milner is shit etc etc......

Some people really need to take stock and realise that swapping and changing both players and manager every 5 mins is NOT the answer.

Dog shit pub player. He can kick it really hard, that about all he has of any note.

i,m hoping with kolarov its the thing we have seen with many players....first season with a new club in a new country.... i,l reserve judgement on the lad until midway through next season. . but on saying that he is costing us a hell of a lot of points at the moment. but who would you put in the left back position for now? personally id love to see one of the kids come through but maybe the games are too high profile to risk them at this stage of the season.

Trying not to get anyones hopes up,however.....

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 10:30 PM on 12th April 2011

Inter Milan are planning a shock summer move for Manchester City left back Aleksandar Kolarov.

The Serbian defender, 25, is highly regarded in Italy as a result of his impressive stint at Lazio, despite struggling to shine in the Premier League for City.

Kolarov signed for the Eastlands club for £18m last summer

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1376260/Manchester-Citys-Aleksandar-Kolarov-targeted-Inter-Milan.html#ixzz1JLg1Hl29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1JLg1Hl29</a>

bigmal said:
Defensively he is SOLID!! Please tell me that is a piss take

we haven't conceded too many this season but a ton of them he has been largely at fault.

FantasyIreland said:
Trying not to get anyones hopes up,however.....

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 10:30 PM on 12th April 2011

Inter Milan are planning a shock summer move for Manchester City left back Aleksandar Kolarov.

The Serbian defender, 25, is highly regarded in Italy as a result of his impressive stint at Lazio, despite struggling to shine in the Premier League for City.

Kolarov signed for the Eastlands club for £18m last summer

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1376260/Manchester-Citys-Aleksandar-Kolarov-targeted-Inter-Milan.html#ixzz1JLg1Hl29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1JLg1Hl29</a>

This means another new left back required who will probably need a season to settle in

Round in circles. We have the 2nd best defence in the league. Its not the area of most concern

We have been good defendively all season, Kolarov has played a large part in that defence.

I like him, people really are lazy in their analysis of our players. If you watch Liverpools second goal, Boyata is guilty of ball watching and wanders off into central defence - following the ball - but he's young and still learning the game and I believe he still has the potential to be a first class defender - if that had been Kolarov people would have been asking for him to be strung up.

Defending is not just about how fast you can run. Kolarov is good positionally, good on the ball and has an awesomw left foot. (show me a defender who 'never' gets beaten now and again) For some reason there is the usual populist anti X player bandwagon building on Kolarov

In fact judging by the criticism of our players its a miracle we're even 4th.

Blue Mooner said:
We have been good defendively all season, Kolarov has played a large part in that defence.

Not really, he has been the main weakness in our backline. We were supposed to have signed two full-backs who could defend and attack and both of them have tanked far worse than we could have imagined in those positions (Boateng the other but I still fancy him as a centre back).

Kolarov I just don't think will make it here because of his fatal lack of pace (it is alarming how easily he gets skinned) and also his apparent lack of guts (backing out of challenges, he rarely seems to win a 50/50). The lack of guts could probably be rectified but you can't buy or teach pace and 2/3 of the wingers up against him have had his number this season, right down to the kid Blackpool brought off the bench at our place.

Don't think our defence needs heavy adjustment but LB has to be sorted. Taye Taiwo is available on a free but will want Milan so we'll have to look at someone like Coentrão, who himself is not the greatest defender but a). has the pace to keep up with wingers and b). presents 2-3x more threat going forward than Kolarov meaning we might not even have to play a left winger to have an attacking threat from the left (ala Ashley Cole).

Blue Mooner said:
I like him, people really are lazy in their analysis of our players. If you watch Liverpools second goal, Boyata is guilty of ball watching and wanders off into central defence - following the ball - but he's young and still learning the game and I believe he still has the potential to be a first class defender - if that had been Kolarov people would have been asking for him to be strung up.

Defending is not just about how fast you can run. Kolarov is good positionally, good on the ball and has an awesomw left foot. (show me a defender who 'never' gets beaten now and again) For some reason there is the usual populist anti X player bandwagon building on Kolarov

In fact judging by the criticism of our players its a miracle we're even 4th.
No he hasn't and wouldn't be playing there now if Zab was ready

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.