Kolarov

All this talk of 'lets get a young backup player' at the same time as arguing 'we need people to push Joe Hart - or insert player name' is daft talk.

You cant have it both ways. We need at least two world class players for every position so that the players push each other.
There is enough games to spread around providing one isnt having a really poor run of form.

If Clichy tears his hamstring a few days into Sep we are goosed.

And so for me I would really like to see Leighton Baines here.
Young, very good and English.

doomuk said:
All this talk of 'lets get a young backup player' at the same time as arguing 'we need people to push Joe Hart - or insert player name' is daft talk.

You cant have it both ways. We need at least two world class players for every position so that the players push each other.
There is enough games to spread around providing one isnt having a really poor run of form.

Sorry but for me,neither would want to play "second fiddle" to the other one.Both excellent players and it will not happen IMO.

doomuk said:

Pure insanity

doomuk said:

i dont think you can -I dont think any team in the world has two world class players for every position, players wouldnt be happy and would want to play every week, never mind it would cost a fortune to have say baines and clichy. Id rather have a young up and coming player who could become as good as clichy and wouldnt cost as much

I really think we should do whatever we can to land Shaw. He's very young, with the potential to be the new and improved Ashley Cole.
He'd likely accept a second place behind Clichy, but at the same time would get a good amount of games in the domestic cups.

I think this kid could be worth a silly fee.

ElanJo said:
doomuk said:

Pure insanity

ok, so Clichy tears his hamstring in Sep and is out for 8 or 9 weeks andf then what?
Or worse still out for the season.
No big club has one first choice player and then a load of backups; were not in the 2nd divison any more.

Its called squad rotation and thats how every club work nowadays. Its nothing new.

To only have 1 left back is pure insanity.

doomuk said:
ElanJo said:
doomuk said:

Pure insanity

ok, so Clichy tears his hamstring in Sep and is out for 8 or 9 weeks andf then what?
No big club has one first choice player and then a load of backups; were not in the 2nd divison any more.

Its called squad rotation and thats how every club work nowadays. Its nothing new.

-- Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:38 am --

blueparrot said:
doomuk said:
ElanJo said:
Pure insanity

Which other team has 2 world class left back ?

doomuk said:
ElanJo said:
doomuk said:

Pure insanity

Who do Chelsea have? Bertrand, average.
United? Buttner, average.
Arsenal? Gibbs? slightly better than average.
Spurs? Vertonghen move across, Naughton across from RB?
Barca? Adriano, decent.
Real Madrid? Coentrao, the only star so far.
Bayern? move Lahm across? Diego Contento?
Dortmund? no idea.
Juventus? De Ceglie or Peluso, not world beaters.

So nobody apart from Madrid has a top class backup LB, it just doesn't happen, most have young up and comers understudying and then they blood them, and in big games they may move their RB over (like we would with Zaba) and cover it that way.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
doomuk said:
ElanJo said:
Pure insanity

Who do Chelsea have? Bertrand, average.
United? Buttner, average.
Arsenal? Gibbs? slightly better than average.
Spurs? Vertonghen move across, Naughton across from RB?
Barca? Adriano, decent.
Real Madrid? Coentrao, the only star so far.
Bayern? move Lahm across? Diego Contento?
Dortmund? no idea.
Juventus? De Ceglie or Peluso, not world beaters.

So nobody apart from Madrid has a top class backup LB, it just doesn't happen, most have young up and comers understudying and then they blood them, and in big games they may move their RB over (like we would with Zaba) and cover it that way.

And for me Zaba has covered that left back position far better than Kolarov ever could.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.