Kolarov

I not his biggest fan but think he will be hard to replace, can see many about who would be decent cover for Clichy, who would be willing to sit on the bench and will cost in and around what we get for Kolarov. Was hoping Rekik would get a shout but he looks like he is heading to PSV on loan.

Another tough position to fill as there are not many players willing to play back up with the World Cup at the end of the season.

citytill1die84 said:
Ray78 said:
Another tough position to fill as there are not many players willing to play back up with the World Cup at the end of the season.

Zaba Lescott and Barry can all play Left back. Clichy would be happy to play more games.

True in one sense and it is down to Manuel Pellegrini to work out what is required from our full backs.

kolarov has been a disappointment , ironically he has recently said that money isnt everything and he wants to play games , but i bet his agent wont let him leave without a settlement on the remains of his contract , not a big miss zabs and lescott have both covered at left back.
As for richards he wants guaranteed game time !! , he's spent 75% of the last 2 years injured how can you promise a player games when he is nearly always on the treatment table. When richards played for england at 18 , i thought we had a star coming from our academy , but he hasnt progressed due to stop start seasons. Would love to see micah get a good pre season and an injury free 12 months , and show some form to force himself into the england squad for brazil , hes a better player than Kyle Walker , smalling and stan laurel at yooonited only glenn johnson would keep him out of the starting eleven in brazil

citytill1die84 said:
Ray78 said:

Zaba Lescott and Barry can all play Left back. Clichy would be happy to play more games.
I want to see what will happen in here, if pellegrini plays BARRY as left back.
Think about it? do you really want to see Barry playing left back or lescott for that matter

Clichy can play more and Zabba can fill in.

We should be able to find a young defender somewhere willing to be second choice for a few years. Preferably English to fill the homegrown allotment.

dachoosen1 said:
I not his biggest fan but think he will be hard to replace, can see many about who would be decent cover for Clichy, who would be willing to sit on the bench and will cost in and around what we get for Kolarov. Was hoping Rekik would get a shout but he looks like he is heading to PSV on loan.

Apart from the fee,Kolarov is on 100k a week.

If we cant recruit a quality young player,on even a third of those wages,someone isn't doing their job properly.

Rekik is a centre half,full back duty doesn't suit him,so that was a none starter anyway.

Daz_Blue said:
Sportmediaset: City could be willing to let Juventus have Kolarov for £5m if they pay in one installment. Juve want loan + option to buy.

This sums up the current problem at our club. We buy bog average players like Kolarov who isn't the youngest for a large fee(17M), and shift them off for a fraction of the price a couple seasons later in these 'Italian deals'. People wonder why I have reservations about signing Osvaldo, Negredo and Pepe all of whom possess one common attribute; no resale value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.