Kolarov

r.soleofsalford said:
FantasyIreland said:
By Paul Clennam

Manchester City will demand £6 million for full-back Aleksandar Kolarov, with Galatasaray having emerged as the front runners for his signature, Goal understands.

The former Lazio defender struggled for game time under previous City manager Roberto Mancini and new boss Manuel Pellegrini is keen to offload the 27-year-old from his wage bill, with Kolarov on £90,000-a-week wages at the Etihad Stadium.

Despite the Serbian's excessive salary, Pellegrini and City will hold out for their £6m asking price for a player that cost the club £16m when he made the switch from Serie A back in 2010.

Italian champions Juventus, who moved to sign Carlos Tevez from the Premier League runners-up earlier in the transfer window, retain a long-standing interest in Kolarov, although Galatasaray have emerged as the leading candidates to land the left-sided defender.

After making just 11 Premier League starts last season and often playing second fiddle to Gael Clichy, Kolarov would be open to a transfer in search of regular first-team football and has previously gone on record in saying he would have to consider his future if he remained on the fringes at the Etihad Stadium.

Should Kolarov leave, he would be the seventh player to have quit City this summer, with the likes of Tevez, Maicon, Kolo Toure, Wayne Bridge, Roque Santa Cruz and Jeremy Helan all having already departed

the only one i`m really sorry about is helan

Why? He was never going to make it at the top level - his defensive game is dreadful, no positional sense at all.

Cobwebcat said:
We've only got 7 defenders as it is. We need a central defender. Kolarov is ok.

True but if he leaves that means we have to add to the defense. And if we add to the defense it almost certainly be an upgrade on Kolarov.

r.soleofsalford said:
FantasyIreland said:
By Paul Clennam

Manchester City will demand £6 million for full-back Aleksandar Kolarov, with Galatasaray having emerged as the front runners for his signature, Goal understands.

The former Lazio defender struggled for game time under previous City manager Roberto Mancini and new boss Manuel Pellegrini is keen to offload the 27-year-old from his wage bill, with Kolarov on £90,000-a-week wages at the Etihad Stadium.

Despite the Serbian's excessive salary, Pellegrini and City will hold out for their £6m asking price for a player that cost the club £16m when he made the switch from Serie A back in 2010.

Italian champions Juventus, who moved to sign Carlos Tevez from the Premier League runners-up earlier in the transfer window, retain a long-standing interest in Kolarov, although Galatasaray have emerged as the leading candidates to land the left-sided defender.

After making just 11 Premier League starts last season and often playing second fiddle to Gael Clichy, Kolarov would be open to a transfer in search of regular first-team football and has previously gone on record in saying he would have to consider his future if he remained on the fringes at the Etihad Stadium.

Should Kolarov leave, he would be the seventh player to have quit City this summer, with the likes of Tevez, Maicon, Kolo Toure, Wayne Bridge, Roque Santa Cruz and Jeremy Helan all having already departed

the only one i`m really sorry about is helan
Always liked Helan, top lad.

As lowly as he is rated on here (He's actually nowhere near as bad as this place would have you believe) I severely doubt we could bring in an equal or better replacement for just £6 million, and i'm still doubtful even if you add in the money we'd presumably save on wages.

ninjamonkey said:
As lowly as he is rated on here (He's actually nowhere near as bad as this place would have you believe) I severely doubt we could bring in an equal or better replacement for just £6 million, and i'm still doubtful even if you add in the money we'd presumably save on wages.

We could get Siqueira for around that and he's miles better than Kolarov.

ninjamonkey said:
I beg to differ. A quick search on Google and you can pick this up for £439.99.

$(KGrHqQOKi!E5L6M2reTBOVRYP!sT!~~48_35.JPG

ninjamonkey said:
That ninja mask of yours is affecting your vision

Coentrao is likely to leave Madrid on a cut price, hope we bring someone of this calibre to compete with Clichy though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.