Kolarov

No one is saying Kolarov is the all time best left back, but what some are pissed off about is the lack of intelligence shown by so called 'supporters' of Manchester City that is regularly displayed on this web site. We have had a number of incredibly successful seasons and whether you like it or not both Aleksander Kolarov and Gael Clichy have been part of that success. Football is a squad game, but sadly even despite all the fantastic success we have had there are those who constantly want someone to have a go at and get even angrier when the target tells them to eff off to their faces. Your post is totally ridiculous. In your humble opinion Kolarov does not 'work had' or 'get stuck' in and constantly causes problems for the other defenders ? Well, I would say that given he is so poor why do we have the best defensive squad in England ? In my opinion I have seen him play extremely well defensively on many occasions and I certainly do not agree that 40,000 plus constantly give him stick on match days. In fact, most fans get behind all the players all the time, which is what a supporter should do. Ok so some players are better than others, but we are a squad and it is teamwork that wins trophies and the statisitcs show that Kolarov has contributed considerably to our success. Just have a look at the winning goal at WBA last year,Kolarov wins the ball and plays a superb pass to Aguero who sets up Dzeko. Just one example of Kolarov 'contributing' to the team.

peter.evans said:
No one is saying Kolarov is the all time best left back, but what some are pissed off about is the lack of intelligence shown by so called 'supporters' of Manchester City that is regularly displayed on this web site. We have had a number of incredibly successful seasons and whether you like it or not both Aleksander Kolarov and Gael Clichy have been part of that success. Football is a squad game, but sadly even despite all the fantastic success we have had there are those who constantly want someone to have a go at and get even angrier when the target tells them to eff off to their faces. Your post is totally ridiculous. In your humble opinion Kolarov does not 'work had' or 'get stuck' in and constantly causes problems for the other defenders ? Well, I would say that given he is so poor why do we have the best defensive squad in England ? In my opinion I have seen him play extremely well defensively on many occasions and I certainly do not agree that 40,000 plus constantly give him stick on match days. In fact, most fans get behind all the players all the time, which is what a supporter should do. Ok so some players are better than others, but we are a squad and it is teamwork that wins trophies and the statisitcs show that Kolarov has contributed considerably to our success. Just have a look at the winning goal at WBA last year,Kolarov wins the ball and plays a superb pass to Aguero who sets up Dzeko. Just one example of Kolarov 'contributing' to the team.
Always defended Kolarov, but at the end of last season his confidence in his game seemed to go, and he was reacting to supporters. Wasn't good

Hope he gets his game together. If there's one move I'd be tempted to make in the remaining weeks, it would be to sell Kolarov and replace him, because I think we could do better, and I see him as a bit of a risk at the moment.

There are aspects to his game I really like

I know I've criticised him here, but if there's one thing I hope for next season, it's that at the games we all get behind the team, all of them, at the ground.

Every time this thread is bumped I get a little excited that this footballing equivalent of a chocolate teapot is being transferred........

Oh well,maybe the next one.

I agree with you mate, he is not the second best left back at the club he is the best left back at the club !!

we could keep him as one of the club's security guards or player' bodyguards, other than there there are better out there.....

peter.evans said:
I agree with you mate, he is not the second best left back at the club he is the best left back at the club !!
13zri1g.gif

12/13 Defensive Stats (According to whoscored.com)

Aleks Kolarov averages per game:

1.7 tackles
1.1 interceptions
2 clearances

Gael Clichy averages

3.2 tackles per game
2.4 interceptions
3.6 clearances

jimbopm said:
12/13 Defensive Stats (According to whoscored.com)

Aleks Kolarov averages per game:

1.7 tackles
1.1 interceptions
2 clearances

Gael Clichy averages

3.2 tackles per game
2.4 interceptions
3.6 clearances

That's because when we lose the ball, Clichy runs his nuts off to get back whereas Kolarov is just plain lazy and trots back without a care in the world.

I like Kolarov, but he could be twice the player he is with a bit of effort.

I'd start Clichy all day long unless we use wing backs, then I would plump for Aleks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.