Kolarov

We should play Kolarov against average and below average teams, particularly those who park the bus.

Against the big clubs we should use Clichy as he is better in defence.

MP will appreciate attacking fullback like Kolarov and Micah. both of them are so dangerous when storm up front. i like the combination at City, we have attacking and balance fullback (zabaleta & clichy).

ifiwasarichfan said:
I think Kolorov is very harshly treated on this Forum.
Its hard to argue against his clear flaws and issues. So how is treated harshly?

If Clichy was a winger and he didn't score goals or get assists like Kolarov he would be bashed because that's his job as a winger.

Clichy is a LB though and is a fine defender, quick both physically and mentally to read the game and provides a constant overlap to take away a defender going forward.

Kolarov as a LB though is slow, clumsy in challenges putting pressure on himself and the CB who has to come over and is poor at reading the game. I will give him some credit because he looks different in the pre season games but its difficult to say he's changed and we should keep him just because of a few decent performances.

Kolarov and Clichy are both decent full backs but Clichy seems to be pretty untouchable in terms of criticism from most. Kolarov, on the other hand gets slaughtered, as with Javi Garcia. Do people not think the lack of support from the wide players puts extra pressure on the fullbacks ? Also, if Kolarov is so poor, how come he was part of a defensive 'squad' that was pretty much the best in the Premier league for the last two seasons ? To say the guy can't defend is an utter joke. I've seen him have some excellent displays purely as a defender and that is before we get on to his abilities going forward which are light years ahead of Clichys ! I have also seen Clichy make some appalling errors, e.g. the Charity Shield last minute cock up v the Rags, giving the ball away to Fabio in the last minute v the rags last season ( a result which effectively cost us the title ). I haven't seen these, or any other, Clichy cock ups mentioned on here ! Not that Clichy is a bad player, far from it. he's very good. Just that some on here can't accept that all players make mistakes. Richards, another untouchable, has made umpteen howlers over the last few years, Norwich in the last game he was appalling !! I sincerely hope both Kolarov and Garcia stick it up these idiots next season.

Andouble said:
Have a feeling Kolarov will be in the XI against Newcastle.

Might be a real mistake. Just signed Remmy who has great pace and is a real goal scorer to go along with Cisse and Benarfa as their attacking 3. Our attacking players will score goals vs them so we don't need to risk it.

peter.evans said:
Kolarov and Clichy are both decent full backs but Clichy seems to be pretty untouchable in terms of criticism from most. Kolarov, on the other hand gets slaughtered, as with Javi Garcia. Do people not think the lack of support from the wide players puts extra pressure on the fullbacks ? Also, if Kolarov is so poor, how come he was part of a defensive 'squad' that was pretty much the best in the Premier league for the last two seasons ? To say the guy can't defend is an utter joke. I've seen him have some excellent displays purely as a defender and that is before we get on to his abilities going forward which are light years ahead of Clichys ! I have also seen Clichy make some appalling errors, e.g. the Charity Shield last minute cock up v the Rags, giving the ball away to Fabio in the last minute v the rags last season ( a result which effectively cost us the title ). I haven't seen these, or any other, Clichy cock ups mentioned on here ! Not that Clichy is a bad player, far from it. he's very good. Just that some on here can't accept that all players make mistakes. Richards, another untouchable, has made umpteen howlers over the last few years, Norwich in the last game he was appalling !! I sincerely hope both Kolarov and Garcia stick it up these idiots next season.

On point. Awesome. Amazing.

peter.evans said:

Well said Sir!!!!!

MihaiCity said:
peter.evans said:

Well said Sir!!!!!

I agree. I think because Clichy generally appears to put more effort in when defending, i.e pressing, chasing back, putting his foot in early, he escapes criticism. Everyone loves a trier don't they? Certainly in England they do anyway. He had a reputation at Arsenal for making mistakes, especially in the big games. Those two games you mentioned above (although I believe it was Rafael not Fabio) are just a couple of examples of him still having those lapses in concentration. And let's not even get started on the FA Cup Final performance.

Kolorov definitely has his weaknesses but he is also very capable going forward and has great set piece delivery so does offer us something different. IMO we should stick with both and use them in rotation as we have done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.