Kolarov

rastus said:
peter.evans said:
I agree with you mate, he is not the second best left back at the club he is the best left back at the club !!

Agree
I can not honestly believe anyone who has watched City these past two seasons would say Kolarov is better than Clichy. I would go as far as saying Clichy has been out most consistent performer since he signed.

rastus said:
peter.evans said:
I agree with you mate, he is not the second best left back at the club he is the best left back at the club !!

Agree
Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

greasedupdeafguy said:
rastus said:
peter.evans said:

Agree
I can not honestly believe anyone who has watched City these past two seasons would say Kolarov is better than Clichy. I would go as far as saying Clichy has been out most consistent performer since he signed.
Gäel Clichy is our most consistent high level performer.

Comparing Clichy to Kolarov is apples to oranges. They both are LBs but after that they are completely different players. One is good attacking, one is good defending. This tiresome argument is pointless because there is no right answer. Both are one-dimensional LBs and both are pretty good at their particular specialty.

The question should be: who out there can do both (e.g. Coentrao) and which of our current LBs should make way for that player.

Clichy is the best leftback defender in the country. It used to be Ashley Cole but he has lost a fair bit. Every now & then Clichy has a bad game, about 3 or 4 per season.

There are loads of players who can pretend to be left backs & actually just be bogus wingers.

They get shown up when asked to defend, Kolarov being a prime example, he stinks . Every now & then Kolarov has a good game, about 3 or 4 per season.

If Pellegrini can make a fullback out of him, he is the best manager in the world, ever.

I think the previous managers tactics had a lot to do with wingbacks. Clichy under Wenger definitely got further forward and looked much more dangerous while maintaining a good at defending/tracking back. Under Mancini he seemed more shackled and posed less of a threat. I would expect this to change under Pelle. Maybe the same could be said about kola although I'm not convinced. Personally I would sell kola and Boyata and reinvest in an LB who is at least good at defending.

Lancet Fluke said:
peter.evans said:

Have you ever considered a career in stand up comedy?

Come back when you've got something interesting to say, perhaps when Clichy scores goals like Kolarov did v United, Sunderland, Napoli,etc, etc, or when Clichy provides crosses like Kola did v Sunderland, League cup v Liverpool, etc, etc. Then you might be considered intelligent ! Mind you, I wouldn't hang around for too long given the chances of that happening !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.