Kolarov

Prestwich_Blue said:
Can we leave out the puerile name calling please.

That's of other posters of course.
Of course, you can call me Bluemoon's Julius Streicher and intimate that I'm a holocaust denier and that's perfectly fine isn't it? Watch this get deleted as well.

OK, it's a question that I've asked twice in this thread, but that still no-one has answered.

If we only had Clichy and needed another left-back, based on his contribution over the past 3 years would you buy Kolarov ?

My answer, personally, is no (which means that I do not think that he is good enough to be part of our squad).

By implication, this can only mean that the people saying that the 'outers' are unfair WOULD buy him again now (as I say, if he had contributed the same as he has for us over the last 3 years elsewhere).

No valuations involved, just ability-wise, he doesn't deserve to be in our squad.

I'm not saying that he's a bad player, just that he's a lot better suited to the Italian game with a more compressed, slower build up. He has little or no place in the PL where wingers are often shit but fast (Sinclair, Walcott, Lennon etc.), cos he allows relatively average midfielders to create opportunities just based on their pace and his lack of positional sense.

Skashion said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
He may be a rag Skash,but he has a very valid point!
But he doesn't, because a) we can get more than £6m unless he's an ITK and knows what offers we've had. If he's going off the media the Daily Mail says we've rejected £9m and Mirror is saying Juve planning to offer £12m, and b) transfer fees are not decided by how good a player is alone but also by how long left on the contract (Kolarov has two years left of a five year contract so in theory is worth 2/5ths of his value) and also wage demands - hence only £10m for Tevez when his ability is much greater than £10m. Adam Johnson went for £10m. Why? He'd just signed a five year contract, so we could claim maximum value. Same reason Andy Carroll went for £35m. These numbers aren't a true reflection of their ability. They're a reflection of all the various inputs that goes into calculating them. Given that he's only got two years to go, and wages are lower in Italy, to get around or more than £10m, as I suspect we would if we do sell him, his value has held up very well. Whatever anyone says, we've come a long way. Player wanted by Italian champions is utterly useless apparently.
_67702373_bendtner_getty.jpg

lost_n_spaced said:
OK, it's a question that I've asked twice in this thread, but that still no-one has answered.

If we only had Clichy and needed another left-back, based on his contribution over the past 3 years would you buy Kolarov ?

My answer, personally, is no (which means that I do not think that he is good enough to be part of our squad).

By implication, this can only mean that the people saying that the 'outers' are unfair WOULD buy him again now (as I say, if he had contributed the same as he has for us over the last 3 years elsewhere).

No valuations involved, just ability-wise, he doesn't deserve to be in our squad.

I'm not saying that he's a bad player, just that he's a lot better suited to the Italian game with a more compressed, slower build up. He has little or no place in the PL where wingers are often shit but fast (Sinclair, Walcott, Lennon etc.), cos he allows relatively average midfielders to create opportunities just based on their pace and his lack of positional sense.
Let me make this clear, I want Kolorov gone! For the life of me I can't understand why the fuck anyone rates him as a defender or an attacker either. He's got no pace, can't dribble and his sole contribution is his ability to hit the ball hard in the general direction of the opposition's 18 yard box and even then its not to anyone in particular. He scores the odd goal, but for me I'd swap that for a left-back who could actually defend!

On the other hand as they say; 'In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king' so I suppose in answer to your question 'A' left-back reserve is better than having 'No' left-back reserve.

Plain Speaking said:
oakiecokie said:
Rammy Blue said:
Are we rid of this useless bag of spunk yet?

I take it you`re not a lover of Kolarov then Rammy ? ;)
IMO it would be good if the Code of conduct "...treat others with respect" could be applied to our players!

This. If you have a negative opinion of the guy fine...but personal abuse against our players when they have done nothing to deserve it (unlike say a Tevez or an Adebayor) is pretty sad.

-- Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm --

Skashion said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Some absolute douche bags on here rating Kolorov. The fact we bought him for 18 million and can't even sell him for 6 should tell you all you need to know. Terrible player.
Just before anyone replies to this guy, I feel it my duty to point out that he's a rag so best not to bother.

You think someone that has an opinion that is different from yours automatically qualifies them to be a douchebag?

-- Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:16 pm --

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
According to this numpty I'm a rag because I was one of the first to want Mancini out. So let me get it straight, you thing Kolarov is better than Clichy and you wanted Mancini to stay. LMAO.

You weren't the first to want Mancini out.

FrancoisToure said:
Plain Speaking said:
oakiecokie said:
I take it you`re not a lover of Kolarov then Rammy ? ;)
IMO it would be good if the Code of conduct "...treat others with respect" could be applied to our players!

This. If you have a negative opinion of the guy fine...but personal abuse against our players when they have done nothing to deserve it (unlike say a Tevez or an Adebayor) is pretty sad.

Skashion said:
Just before anyone replies to this guy, I feel it my duty to point out that he's a rag so best not to bother.

You think someone that has an opinion that is different from yours automatically qualifies them to be a douchebag?
Mate, if you want polite intelligent conversation, what are you doing on Bluemoon?

The comment isn't personal, its just a colloquial description of a shit, cart horse of a player. I don't think anyone's saying he's not a nice fella, but the general consensus is that as a Premiership footballer, he's about as useful as a steaming lump of dog shit......... Is that polite enough for you?

Dribble said:
FrancoisToure said:
Plain Speaking said:

Mate, if you want polite intelligent conversation, what are you doing on Bluemoon?

The comment isn't personal, its just a colloquial description of a shit, cart horse of a player. I don't think anyone's saying he's not a nice fella, but the general consensus is that as a Premiership footballer, he's about as useful as a steaming lump of dog shit......... Is that polite enough for you?

"Useless bag of spunk" is not personal? Is that really the argument you wish to make? Drop the condescension.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.