Kolarov

Firsts and foremost I think an LB needs to be able to defend. Whether to the teams sees them as wingbacks or defenders. In this regards kola fails. I would rather have and LB who is poor at getting forward and attacking than one who is average at getting forward and deficient when defending.

blueparrot said:
FrancoisToure said:
blueparrot said:
Whatever your view of Mancini in the last 12 months, you'd have to be an idiot to have wanted him out 3 years ago

I don't agree. I expect the others that had the foresight to see what he was really about would agree with me.

Sorry I don't know one person that would swap the FA cup win and the Aguero moment for anything. It may have been time to change this summer but 3 years ago not a chance.

So without Mancini City would not have won the league or the FA Cup?

Davs 19 said:
FrancoisToure said:
blueparrot said:
Whatever your view of Mancini in the last 12 months, you'd have to be an idiot to have wanted him out 3 years ago

I don't agree. I expect the others that had the foresight to see what he was really about would agree with me.

As you only pitched up on here this year ( nothing wrong with that) most, if not all BM members wouldn't have a clue, and probably little interest what you thought 3 years ago.

Very easy to reinvent yourself on the interweb.

I really couldn't care less what you think about me or whether you believe me. I was simply explaining that plenty of City fans wanted Mancini out before this year. Having been a reader of this site for years, that is a fact.

FrancoisToure said:
blueparrot said:
FrancoisToure said:

Sorry I don't know one person that would swap the FA cup win and the Aguero moment for anything. It may have been time to change this summer but 3 years ago not a chance.

sorry to butt in but the fact is he did win both and now he has gone,time to stop this arguement and move on.imo

karen7 said:
FrancoisToure said:
blueparrot said:

sorry to butt in but the fact is he did win both and now he has gone,time to stop this arguement and move on.imo

No intention of arguing. Just pointing out inconsistencies in logic.

For the money he's on I would sell as there's better out there. Think Clichy under Pelle will be much more attacking whilst still being a great defender

Lancet Fluke said:
shadowyu said:
I expect Kolarov to play excellent this year.

Do you think he has finally got over that ankle injury he picked up on his City debut?

All he needs for an excellent season is to be used in the correct way. If we are playing opposition who do not have excessively quick wingers and who will defend most of the game, I think he will play. He will also benefit from the existence of Jovetic and even Navas as the game will speed up and open up more space to maneuver. Finally, Negredo will be an additional target to reach from crosses. I expect good things.

p.s. I would also mention that he was clearly Man of the Match versus Sunderland in a 3:0 win at the first part of the previous season. He scored one, assisted for the next one and was fouled before Milner scored 3rd from the free kick. Why he wasn't used more against similar opponents when we struggled to score is beyond me.

FrancoisToure said:
blueparrot said:
FrancoisToure said:

Correct and Clichy was class today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.