Kolarov

Fuck me some blues are bitter. He's been decent for us, especially this season and it's a real shame he was injured before the derby as I believe putting him into midfield might have won us that match (better defensively than Nasri). Some blues just can't appreciate what we've got now and if he's happy being 2nd choice behind Clichy i'm really happy about that, gives us a very good attacking option on the left for teams that want to pack the back.

Fuck it, Clichy gives us nothing offensively I say we get rid of him, waste of space against 70% of the league.

He's improved a lot this year and I for one would be very disappointed if we sold him for so little.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Baines ain't up to it

Well, if Baines ain't up to it, who is?

I like Kolarov and would prefer him to stay. Can't see his contract being extended though, so might make sense to sell. If we could drag any fee up towards £10m then probably good business. As someone above said we were done like a kipper on the purchase. Worth nowhere near £17m.

footballfan2345 said:
Chippy_boy said:
Come off it lads he's not that bad. Last season he was gash admittedly, but he has come on leaps and bounds and now ranks as ok-ish. Worth more than £6.5m just for the free kicks.

It's not about good or bad, it's the system, for Kolarov to be most usefull Baloteli or Dzeko need to be up front. With prefered pairing of Tevez and Aguero at the front, Kolarov becomes less valuable than Clichy.

Kolarov is a good player, but, he is not the type that City needs.

Steady. There's no need to go overboard.

allblackcitizen said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Baines ain't up to it

Well, if Baines ain't up to it, who is?

I like Kolarov and would prefer him to stay. Can't see his contract being extended though, so might make sense to sell. If we could drag any fee up towards £10m then probably good business. As someone above said we were done like a kipper on the purchase. Worth nowhere near £17m.

Dunno, but baines isn't. Too lightweight, distinctly average at defending. In fact I'd say all he'd offer is a good cross and a good free kick, might as well keep kolarov

MC ID said:
Fuck me some blues are bitter. He's been decent for us, especially this season and it's a real shame he was injured before the derby as I believe putting him into midfield might have won us that match (better defensively than Nasri). Some blues just can't appreciate what we've got now and if he's happy being 2nd choice behind Clichy i'm really happy about that, gives us a very good attacking option on the left for teams that want to pack the back.

Fuck it, Clichy gives us nothing offensively I say we get rid of him, waste of space against 70% of the league.

So you didn't watch the derby game? Clichy was the player starting off the majority of the attacks in the 2nd half.

Clichy doesn't offer anything offensively only when he and Kolarov are in the same side.

We'd do well to improve on Kolarov with the £6.5m that we would reportedly receive, his all round play has improved this season from good going forward / poor defensively to just about okay defensively/ threatening going forward.

I would say we should sell him and spend the money on a young replacement not the likes of Cole and Baines that would only join if they were starters and dropping Clichy to backup is out of order imo.

BillyShears said:
LoveCity said:
It sounds derisory on paper but only because we paid far too much for him. Juventus bought Arturo Vidal for £8million and he is one of the best midfielders in Europe so they would see this as a fair price for Aleks. I'd be surprised if they didn't ask for him on loan with the "option to buy", the Italians' favourite new con (because most of the time they send the player back!).

Kola's an excellent option to have and therefore I wouldn't sell him. We don't need the money and we'd have to replace him.

This

Ntini77 said:
dog-bites-hand.jpg

That is brilliant mate... PMSL

-- Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:20 am --

Stoned Rose said:
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/12/12/juventus-to-make-6-5m-approach-for-man-city-wide-man/?

6.5m? Fucking hilarious.

Bloody hell what about the 19 million we paid for him ? 19 million !!!!

It would be madness to let him go. He's the only player we have who can sling in a decent cross and take a left footed free kick that means anything. If he was on the park instead of Nasri last Sunday we wouldn't have lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.