Kolarov

NQCitizen said:
Thought he was great today, really appreciate having him as back up, offers a lot to the team. Would be sad to see him go.

He did play well.

It was only Barnsley though, 95% of our matches come at a higher level than what was against us today.

That's why Clichy is our number one.

I thought Aleks did well today, too.

He did brilliantly for his goal; he seemed to come from nowhere and his shot was superb.

I must admit, I like Kolarov. He has a superb cross and a fantastic free-kick in him.

I thought he was a bit sloppy and cavalier at times today. Glad it was only Barnsley as they weren't able to punish us. But, he may have not been so bold at times if the opposition were stronger.

Either way, glad we have him, if not for what he brings to the pitch, at least for what he brings in the dressing room. One of my favorite characters at City.

Seems a decent bloke,however,the ability doesnt justify the contract.

It wouldnt be too hard to find a cheaper but equally contributing replacement,i'd sell if the opportunity arose.

It really depends what you want from you full-back, and how reliant you want to be on their attacking prowess.

To me, the best right-back in the league is Zabaleta. Perhaps the only thing missing (and I'm being picky) is a whipped cross and dead ball capabilities. The rest he has in abundance. Energy, Courage, Goals and determination.

The best left-back I believe in a defensive sense is Cole, closely followed by Clichy.
In an attacking sense it's Baines closely followed by Kolarov.

In short the ideal left-back (forgetting Bale, who no longer plays there) doesn't really exist. What Kolarov does give us, that must be replaced if he goes, is his free kick ability. When we get a freekick with Kolarov on the field, I always feel we have a chance of a goal. Sadly if he is not on, the free kick rarely bears fruit.

If I had to have just one of the full-backs mentioned then it would be tough to choose, but for me I might be tempted to get Baines. In short, goals win games and we need to ensure that any player in our outfield team can score at least 2-3 a season minimum.

Vienna_70 said:
I thought Aleks did well today, too.

He did brilliantly for his goal; he seemed to come from nowhere and his shot was superb.

I must admit, I like Kolarov. He has a superb cross and a fantastic free-kick in him.

Same as....funny when he decided he was a centre forward towards the end of the game!

I'd be sad to see him go.

FantasyIreland said:
Seems a decent bloke,however,the ability doesnt justify the contract.

It wouldnt be too hard to find a cheaper but equally contributing replacement,i'd sell if the opportunity arose.

I actually think if we want a versatile wide man who is reasonably good at defending but has the same quality of delivery, passing and possibly has the best shot of anyone at the club he'd be really hard to replace.

Wouldn't have him as number one, but he offers a lot from the bench. Seems to score important goals too when he starts.

Cracking fella, ok offensively, below average defensively. If we were to get around £7m-9m for him in the summer we should be grateful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.