Kolarov

We wouldn't get anybody fit to lace his boots for £7m. We are being quoted £8m for a teenage Leeds fullback who has only been a first teamer for a season.

Kolarov is a good back up for Clichy and he is improved this year. He is also hard and prepared to stick up for his team mates and won't be intimidated. £17m was to much to pay for Alex but it is not as if we are short of a few bob.

Tim of the Oak said:
We wouldn't get anybody fit to lace his boots for £7m. We are being quoted £8m for a teenage Leeds fullback who has only been a first teamer for a season.

Kolarov is a good back up for Clichy and he is improved this year. He is also hard and prepared to stick up for his team mates and won't be intimidated. £17m was to much to pay for Alex but it is not as if we are short of a few bob.
Clichy joined for 7 million, Im sure there are plenty promising full backs that wont cost a bomb.

I'd like to see Ashley Cole score the goal that Kolarov scored against Leeds....1st time shot on the run hit right into the corner.

Cichy and Kolarov are outstanding left backs.

The question is whether Kolarov will be happy to play 1 game in 3

Tim of the Oak said:

I agree. Vastly under-rated. I'd have him at the club for his character alone. He's stopped a few of our players being bullied by the opposition. It hasn't gone un-noticed (by some).

I really like him as a person, great character and attitude and all that...

but defensively (and offensively) he just isn't up to standard or consistent enough.

and you can't go on forever with a back up full back who is not up to scratch defensively

greasedupdeafguy said:
Tim of the Oak said:

Clichy joined for 7 million, Im sure there are plenty promising full backs that wont cost a bomb.

Clichy was in the last year of his contract.

However, I do agree that Aleks was probably overpriced.

mansour's tow ropes said:
I really like him as a person, great character and attitude and all that...

but defensively (and offensively) he just isn't up to standard or consistent enough.

and you can't go on forever with a back up full back who is not up to scratch defensively
And offensively? I don't think there's another left back in the Premiership who would be capable of scoring the goal he got against Barnsley. He made something difficult look effortless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.