Kolo leaving definitely.

Vermaelen would be a good choice for me.
He has had a very poor season, lost his place in the Arsenal side because of it, however he is still a very good CB.
His lack of form could keep the value down, and Mancini does seem to improve defenders.
Vermaelen could be like another Clichy.

LoveCity said:
I don't see the need to allocate much of our summer funds to a central defender even if Lescott and Kolo go. We have two quality defenders already and Richards who is very good filling in. A quality but not hugely prolific defender would suit us, <£15million.

+1

& Good luck to Kolo.

I'd have liked to have kept Kolo but now he's defo leaving I'm going to call him shit and instead of calling him Kolo I'm going to call him Kololol.

You can't go into a new season and hope to win the big trophies with just 2 centre halves. You need at least 4, especially when Richards will not be chosen at centre half under Mancini.

Both Kolo & Lescott will be gone imo. To old and to big a wage.

I sincerely hope we have 2 proper replacements lined up.

I really dont want to see the likes of Rodwell or Garcia filling in when Kompany is out.

LoveCity said:
I don't see the need to allocate much of our summer funds to a central defender even if Lescott and Kolo go. We have two quality defenders already and Richards who is very good filling in. A quality but not hugely prolific defender would suit us, <£15million.

Garcia and Zabaleta to an extent for emergencies i.e. when Kompany is banned/ has calf iinjury.

I don't think we can hope to hold on to Joleon. World Cup's coming up and he needs a move to play regularly and stake his claim in the England team. Shame because his concentration levels buck up when he comes back into the team.

It will be difficult to get a young defender of the quality that we demand without him coming through the youth system, and even then he'll have to go out on loan to get experience. We might be better going for an old hand on a 2 season contract that knows he's only going to play occasionally.

Needs to be replaced with a mobile defender if Mancini wants to effectively pursue this 3-5-3 in Europe. I'm not an expert when it comes to analyzing defenders but it's a shame Jerome Boateng didn't want to stay here, as I'm sure given a few more seasons he could be a really astute defender but I suppose there isn't much we could have done with Bayern offering him 1st team football.

All I do know is playing Garcia at CB in the CL would be suicide. He struggles keeping up with lower-league teams who run rings round him...Rodwell on the other hand, bearing he get's fully fit (seems unlikely) and a run in the team could do very well I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.