Kolo punishment

If nothing else, the rumoured Cahill signing must be dead in the water now?
Good news in my book. Bolton will have to try and find another mug willing to pay three or four times what he's actually worth.
Come in, Mr Wenger...

I think it's about right. Clearly the nine months (?) for Ferdinand set a precedent. It is completely unsustainable for the punishment for missing a drugs test to be less than the sanction for failing one. The consequence of the opposite position renders any testing regime redundant.

Was surprised at the length of the ban handed out.

I didn't expect anything dramatic, but 6 months isn't bad. considering 2 months have been served already it's not all not all bad for Kolo.

the talk of 2 years was pathetic, Mutu was dabbling with Cocaine, and even he didn't get anywhere near 2 years, infact i don't even think he got 12 months.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think it's about right. Clearly the nine months (?) for Ferdinand set a precedent. It is completely unsustainable for the punishment for missing a drugs test to be less than the sanction for failing one. The consequence of the opposite position renders any testing regime redundant.

Exactly. Some United fans are complaining that his punishment is lenient, on the basis that he was found guilty whereas nothing was proved against Ferdinand, but that's missing the point.

It sets a dangerous precedent if missing a test carries a lesser punishment than being found guilty. Otherwise anyone knowing they were guilty would deliberately avoid the test.

Obviously some United fans are using this as an example of Bernstein's pro-City influence at the FA, but they're wrong. Mutu got a seven month ban for testing positive for cocaine, so Toure's ban isn't unreasonable relative to that.

Happy for Kolo....
At least he can see light at the end of the tunnel. Let;s hope he comes back twice the player

This will have a massive positive impact on the squad, plus a big boost for Yaya in particular, if we also get cahill it gives us two pairs of very impressive centre halves who could all hold their own at any level.

I don't get this..." he can't train with the first team until his ban is over"...

Surely as from today (until his ban ends on September 2nd.) we will have him getting one-to-one training out in Abu Dhabi for the next three months?

I would expect him to be fully fit ON September 2nd. rather than him having to start training on that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.