Kolo Toure [Merged]

MCFC BOB said:
If we sign Savic, I can see Boyata going out on loan. However, providing we don't sell any of our centre-backs, but bring in Savic, Mancini could have a few problems.

Kompany, Lescott, Boyata, Savic and Toure are going to be our centre-backs next season, and with Clichy, Kolarov, Richards and Zabaleta back there too, I doubt Mancini will want 9 defenders.
I thought Vertonghen was nailed on too - and Boateng hasn't gone yet either.

johnny crossan said:
MCFC BOB said:
If we sign Savic, I can see Boyata going out on loan. However, providing we don't sell any of our centre-backs, but bring in Savic, Mancini could have a few problems.

Kompany, Lescott, Boyata, Savic and Toure are going to be our centre-backs next season, and with Clichy, Kolarov, Richards and Zabaleta back there too, I doubt Mancini will want 9 defenders.
I thought Vertonghen was nailed on too.
That's Boyata out on loan and Toure gone - only if Vertonghen is nailed on, of course.

BringBackSwales said:
TheSituation said:
No, he wasn't. And no, I wasn't banned.

you got out of the fucking assylum then?

He WAS banned. Now he's been banned again.

Someone should point out how many games Toure played before his drug test. Hint: NEARLY ALL OF THEM.

MCFC BOB said:
johnny crossan said:
MCFC BOB said:

I thought Vertonghen was nailed on too.
That's Boyata out on loan and Toure gone - only if Vertonghen is nailed on, of course.

Yeah...but to me it looks like City have cooled their interest in Vertonghen and he doesn't seem nailed on.

Damocles said:
BringBackSwales said:
TheSituation said:

Someone should point out how many games Toure played before his drug test. Hint: NEARLY ALL OF THEM.

Looks looks like my reply was right on the money.

I said the poster was banned, and that Toure was the first choice CB when healthy, and before he was banned for drug failure.

Damocles said:
BringBackSwales said:
TheSituation said:

Yep. And we were always susceptible to sloppy goals until that ban. Setpieces were an ongoing problem.

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
BringBackSwales said:

Yep. And we were always susceptible to sloppy goals until that ban. Setpieces were an ongoing problem.

We had far4 and away the best defence in the Premier League before that ban, only slipping above Chelsea near the end of the season.

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
BringBackSwales said:

You need to look at the bigger picture DD.

You obviously don't rate a couple of our defenders but we defend extremely well

As a team Under Mancini.

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:

We had far4 and away the best defence in the Premier League before that ban, only slipping above Chelsea near the end of the season.

Perhaps, but we play with six 'defenders', whereas most teams have five. We didnt score enough goals. We need a world class CB so Mancini feels more confident to only need to play one holding MF player. Then we can play five offensive players instead of the four currently. Thats why we need to buy one.
Lescott and Toure are not safe enough. There's always a mistake in them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.