Kolo Toure [Merged]

AntMcfc said:
Theo555 said:
See you in 6 months AntMcfc and we will carry on the 'debate'

There is no debate, Toure will fail. I'll be here to laugh in your faces whilst Toure sits on the bench and Kompany/Lescott keep the clean sheets...
I am so, so good ffs. 2 years later and people are finally coming to their senses. Please listen to me in future. Theo555, where are you?

TheSituation said:
AntMcfc said:
Theo555 said:
See you in 6 months AntMcfc and we will carry on the 'debate'

There is no debate, Toure will fail. I'll be here to laugh in your faces whilst Toure sits on the bench and Kompany/Lescott keep the clean sheets...
I am so, so good ffs. 2 years later and people are finally coming to their senses. Please listen to me in future. Theo555, where are you?

So your saying you got banned, and you came back to gloat? (assuming that's why you changed names (again))

He only got benched by a failed drug test, so not sure how you got that right.

When healthy he was first choice over Lescott, up until that test result.

kolo is twice the player lescott is,
lescott is a hoof merchant who shits himself nearly every time hes under pressure, no composure what-so-ever
even in our awesome run at the end of the season, his panic caused us to concede most of our goals (west ham, everton) and if berbatov wasnt so terrible we would have been 1-0 down in the semi final after 10 minutes because he has zero composure

Kolo to the starting lineup asap

blightee said:
lescott is a hoof merchant who shits himself nearly every time hes under pressure, no composure what-so-ever
even in our awesome run at the end of the season, his panic caused us to concede most of our goals (west ham, everton) and if berbatov wasnt so terrible we would have been 1-0 down in the semi final after 10 minutes because he has zero composure

You mean WAS.

Kolo is a finished product and i hope i dont see him play often next season. At that age and with such a long break from football and training.....he will continue to misshit even more clearences in the box.....lol.

Last time I looked we had the most clean sheets in the premiership and between them Toure and Lescott played in virtually all of them. Both are pretty good defenders. Yes Kompany is a cut above at the moment but even he makes the odd mistake.(He was not blameless in the Everton goals.) The central defender who does not make a mistake is mythical.
Since selling Toure Arsenal have been buying central defenders but conceding more goals, I would hardly call him a failed signing, not outstanding but not terrible either.

blightee said:

I sometimes shake my head in disbelief at what some folks here think of as great or bad players. As in the case of Lescott & Toure, the truth is usually somewhere in between.
Both are pretty average Prem footballers - no more, no less. Niether are good enough for top four and certainly not Champ League. That doesnt mean they can't be number three and four in the CB choice, as we have a lot of average domestic games to play.
But one thing is certain, City do need to buy a World Class CB to partner the only one we have - Kompany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.