Kolo Toure [Merged]

From an Arsenal Website!

Arsene as good as confirms Kolo is off
14 guns July 28th, 2009 12:39pm GilbertoSilver

In an exclusive interview with ArsenalTVOnline, Arsene Wenger seemed to suggest that Kolo Toure is, as reported, on the verge of a £15m move to Man City:

“We’ll see what’s happening in the next 24 hours … we have many centre-backs, seven centre-backs and I’m in a position where we have to play some in midfield… but of course Kolo is a very good player - we’ll see what happens in the next 24 hours.”

Arsene also spoke about the possibility of bringing in some new players:

“At the moment I’m more focused to get everybody fit for the start of the season. We are looking for opportunities as well, but at the moment we still have some pre-season games to see what we really need, and when the time has come we will do something … I wouldn’t like to set any time on that.”

If, as mooted, we sell Kolo (and possibly Eboue) in addition to Emmanuel Adebayor, the pressure on Arsene to spend will be greater than ever.

Blue Coop said:
Project said:
Possibly. But we've only 3 pre season games left. Hughes could have seen it as useful to have him take part in another game prior to the Barnsley fixture.

Players can also sign subject to a medical too, which means no medical has to have taken place.

very true chaps, personally I wouldnt risk an important signing for the sake of 1 pre season game before we signed him. HOwever the deal may have moved on somewhat since yesterday anyway.
As for the deal before medical, totally agree mate.

I am well up for this signing personally, brings a lot to the club (experience, pace, leadership, organisation skills, communication) that we currently lack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.