Kolo Toure [Merged]

Re: toure agrees city move (merged)

alera said:
Crespo and Sheva were miles past their peaks when they came here!!

You cant be serious 28 - 29 is well past their best are you for real ! They had just had their best seasons in Italy !

More like Seria A is now a pub league and the overall standard is well below the prem these days !

But players tend to need a year to get used to the pace and strength of the league which takes them into their 30's (after a striker's peak). They were both slow, which is a key component of being successful in England, eg- Torres and Henry.

I've not trawled through the whole 39 pages of this thread but from a personal point of view I've always liked Toure. Very good feet and is comfortable on the ball.

But I was thinking, is it me or didn't he actually start off as a striker at Arsenal?

Lancashire Blue said:
I've not trawled through the whole 39 pages of this thread but from a personal point of view I've always liked Toure. Very good feet and is comfortable on the ball.

But I was thinking, is it me or didn't he actually start off as a striker at Arsenal?

nah it deffo wasnt you who started off as a striker at arsenal mate lol

bluemooner_mcfc said:
Lancashire Blue said:

nah it deffo wasnt you who started off as a striker at arsenal mate lol

Time for bed I think... ;o)

Edit: I might be Paul Dickov for all you know...Mother in law lives in Kendal you know...

I have gone on record as saying i dont rate toure, in fact i even said he was wank but after thinking about it over the weekend and the impending knowledge that he may actually become a blue has allowed me to re-evaluate my assesment and i have done a raggish u-turn and actually think he wouldnt be that bad a signing.

My problem with him is the same problem i have with micah, he is not a good 'defender' as such, more a player whose physical capabilities (mainly pace and strength) allow him to recover and make good challenges in situations that a more accomplished player would not allow to occur in the first place. The best defenders in the league (vidic, terry, carvalho, camelgob, skrtel, carragher and hypia, laursen before they left/retired) seem to make defending seem simple through their ability to read dangerous situations, this isnt something i really see when i watch arsenal defend.

Nevertheless he is a good player and an improvement on what we have already, i like how comfortable he is on the ball (something none of our players seem to be) and how he is happy to bring the ball out of defence. I still feel that we would need to sign either lescott or possibly hangeland to play alongside him to feel more secure at the back. These two are great in the air and good with the ball at their feet and dont seem to get flustered and give away possesion cheaply.

Toure

Dont know why im posting this can feel the abuse already.

Toure will be signed by wednesday if the medical goes to plan.

that is all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.