Kolo Toure suspended (MERGED)

He should be banned for life, it's a well known fact that diet pills make you run the length of the pitch faster than Usain Bolt without taking a breath, whilst fending off HeMan with nothing but your little finger...

Toure has made an innocent mistake says Arsene Wenger

on their official site..........

I completely agree with Wenger on this one, and fair play to him for coming out and saying this.

kolo is a top bloke and i have small chats with him nearly every Friday when he goes to the mosque next to my works(he parks on our yard city privilege!),i cant believe he has taken anything on purpose and i cant believe some of the shit he has had of some of our so called fans.

Goater's Shin said:
Chippy_boy said:
[
What if the club advised Kolo to deny everything (publicly) and to rely on the B sample being clear, or borderline.

Now Wenger has gone and blabbed about diet pills, effectively confessing guilt. It was stupid of him to comment. Unless of course his intention is actually to make sure Kolo doesn't get off?

So your qualm is that Wenger has either accidentally removed City's option to lie and cheat or, worse still, gone out of his way to get his former player banned. The latter is ludicrous. The former I'd hope the club wouldn't do anyway. I for one would be a hypocrite if I condoned City lying about the mistake Kolo had made after criticising Rio Ferdinand for missing a drug test in the past.

Let's be realistic. If we thought there was a realistic chance of him getting off by denying everything, we would do it. It would be noble and morally correct and all that to "fess up", but that's just not living in the real world.

he would have to be very dim not to realize these tablets could cause a problem.
the shef united keeper paddy kenny got a nine month ban for taking cough medicine because one of the ingredients was on the banned list
what kolo did was stupid and reckless

I despair. The last thing I need is a bunch of scumbags at work getting all high and mighty and going on about when rio did this and that and the other and this happened and that happened. Let's talk about United for a fuckin whole hour because Toure raided his wife's medicine cabinet ... can't wait to get home and seal myself in from this shite.

silvasilvasilva said:
If its diet pills he might get pretty serious ban you would think, if you take steroids you unnaturally want to put on muscle to gain an advantage, by taking diet pills you are unnaturally trying to lose weight which if your carrying a bit extra definately gives you an advantage, imagine they might take a grim view, obviously dont know the details yet though.
Are you comparing steroids and diet pills? They are at opposite ends of the scale and the idea that a footballer gets a competitive advantage by taking diet pills is ridiculous.

People do lots of stupid things when it comes to weight control<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:51 pm --<br /><br />
silvasilvasilva said:
If its diet pills he might get pretty serious ban you would think, if you take steroids you unnaturally want to put on muscle to gain an advantage, by taking diet pills you are unnaturally trying to lose weight which if your carrying a bit extra definately gives you an advantage, imagine they might take a grim view, obviously dont know the details yet though.
Are you comparing steroids and diet pills? They are at opposite ends of the scale and the idea that a footballer gets a competitive advantage by taking diet pills is ridiculous.

People do lots of stupid things when it comes to weight control

Marvin said:
silvasilvasilva said:

-- Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:51 pm --

silvasilvasilva said:

I "tried my wife's diet pills" once at a full moon party in koh phangan. Didn't sleep for 3 days. Might have lost some weight, can't remember much about it tbh.

I am waiting for a statement from our club doctors. Surely, we do in-house testing now as well?

If this is a club administered problem - then it will probably affect other players.

Let's hope this is all just one big mistake - and Kolo won't be too personally affected by all this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.